+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Past 30 days

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I applied for my in laws visitor visa in Pakistan to travel to Canada in October. We promptly received a request for biometrics which we completed in time. We were expecting birth of our child in December but it was born early in November after that things got busy and I didn't check the application status online since early December. Today I see that passport requests were sent on Dec 13. Letter says if passports are not received within 30 days then application could be denied.
Has anyone gone through this scenario. What is a proper route to take. Should I ask in-laws to send in passport and state reasons which include a family related accident which had all of them occupied? Or is there another better conformed method to deal with such a scenario. The truth is that all of us found ourselves overwhelmed with current happenings in our lives and completely lost sight of this. Also, I was assuming that we'd receive email alerts as in my case when I successfully completed my PR application two years ago, in which I would receive messages to my email with any changes to my application.

Please advise.
Thanks.

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I would say write to them immediately and send the passports as per the request with the explanation. I am pretty sure they 'll consider it

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I would say write to them immediately and send the passports as per the request with the explanation. I am pretty sure they 'll consider it
Yes. Passports were sent the next day and now have been approved according to IRCC status. As a precaution I had also submitted online forms with an explanation.
Thanks!

Reactions: Princes2020