+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request London office!!!

citrus255

Jun 10, 2009
Hey! My boyfriend and I have just received an email from the london office requesting his passport, we have a couple of questions with regards to this:

1) will they send out an official paper based letter, confirming that we need to send it in- or is the email the only thing?

2) my boyfriend might need to use his passport in 3 weeks. Should we advise them that we aren't going to send it in right away ( will they be annoyed if we don't)?

3)How fast do they usually process it- is there a chance we might get it back in a couple of weeks.

THanks you for your help!!! good luck with you application~

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citrus255 said:
Hey! My boyfriend and I have just received an email from the london office requesting his passport, we have a couple of questions with regards to this:

1) will they send out an official paper based letter, confirming that we need to send it in- or is the email the only thing?

2) my boyfriend might need to use his passport in 3 weeks. Should we advise them that we aren't going to send it in right away ( will they be annoyed if we don't)?

3)How fast do they usually process it- is there a chance we might get it back in a couple of weeks.

THanks you for your help!!! good luck with you application~
1. E-mail may be the only thing but some have letters too. Act on the e-mail.
2. The info should let you know how long you have to send it in, somewhere I have read it is 45 days.
3. Apparently it takes two weeks approx. You can drop off on and collect two weeks later also (I've read on here somewhere too).

Also, can you post your timeline... I'm frantically waiting for any contact from London after sponsor was approved on 9th Sept. Heard nothing form London and eCAS shows not available.

Thanks and congratulations!

citrus255

Jun 10, 2009
our timeline is:

25/06/09- application sent to Mississauga
27/07/09- sponsor approved, sent to London
09/08/09- file opened in London
24/09/09- email received requesting passport

its all happened really fast for us! Goodluck and thanks for your reply.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations, citrus255 ! it looks like we started the same time, but we are still waiting....