+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request london CIC

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
I have been requested passport for visa issue. The email mentioned that applicant's surname should be in surname line of biodata page of passport and first name should be at the line of first name of the page. My concern is that I do not have two different lines for surname and first name in my passport. There is just one name line name. I am worried I should make new passport mentioning first name or last name. however, I have still 3 years for passport validation. hoping responses from you people.
sugal

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
sugalk said:
I have been requested passport for visa issue. The email mentioned that applicant's surname should be in surname line of biodata page of passport and first name should be at the line of first name of the page. My concern is that I do not have two different lines for surname and first name in my passport. There is just one name line name. I am worried I should make new passport mentioning first name or last name. however, I have still 3 years for passport validation. hoping responses from you people.
sugal

4can

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 february 2010
Doc's Request.
25 march 2010
AOR Received.
30 July 2010
IELTS Request
Inprocess since 15 march 2012
File Transfer...
Wait letter- 23 march 2012
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
18 march 2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
sugalk said:
sugal
You need not change the passport for this. The name can be split as surname and given name and entered in a blank page in the passport by the passport officials.
Pls see how you had given ur name in the application too.
N make changes accordingly and inform this to LVO in writing, when you send them the passports.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
sugalk said:
sugal

"...I do not have two different lines for surname and first name in my passport. There is just one name line name". If "there is just one name line name", how does/did CIC/VO identify what your surname is?

Usually there is a specific line in the passport's biodata for surname (usually this is the case for passports from any country). What country is your passport from?

What do you mean "...should make new passport mentioning first name or last name"? Can you simply "make new passport mentioning first name or last name"? if you can do this, then I suggest you "make" a passport with the following fields in it:

SURNAME:
GIVEN NAMES:

For example, your "full name" is: Sugalk John Mark Williamson

FirstName is: Sugalk
MiddleName(s) is/are: John Mark
SurName is: Williamson

(note however, that some persons do not have "middle names", they only have a "first name" and a "surname")

Your new passport biodata would show:

SURNAME: Williamson
GIVEN NAMES: Sugalk John Mark

If you go and get a new passport (regardless of whether or not there are/were any changes in the new passport's biodata) you will need to advise the VO of this, this might cause some delays in your processing. I would suggest you go ahead and get your passport updated with the updated biodata.

I do not know how easy/difficult it is in your country to update a passport, especially if it still has 3 years on it.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
sugalk said:
my first name is sugal and surname is reddy. but written sugal reddy at the same line.

Usually (and this is rear) if the passport only has a single field called "Name", then the name is most likely written as (note the comma in between and note that surname is written first):

Name: REDDY, SUGAL

I still do not know what country your passport is from, but assuming you are Indian or Pakistani, this is what the biodata page of an Indian and Pakistani passport looks like (note that both passports have a "Surname" and a "Given Name" field):

***Anyway, just get a new passport (if possible) with the "surname" and "given names" fields and explain to the VO that you got a new passport.

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Usually (and this is rear) if the passport only has a single field called "Name", then the name is most likely written as (note the comma in between and note that surname is written first):Reddy, Sugal.
thnx, yes it is true but....
there is sugal reddy, no cooma and surname is not at first.
anyway i need three month again for new passport

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
2. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport.
Guys!!! What does this mean? I have one line name sugal reddy in my passport in the name field. there is no surname and first name sections. neither is comma between first name and surname.
I need 3 more months to make new passport with surname and first name fields in biodata paga. In three months, my medical will expire. If they need new passport with clear first name and surname fields, may they give me three months time to submit passport and should I need another medical check test? This is really annoying me and worrying me!!!

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
sugalk said:
2. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport.
Guys!!! What does this mean?
Not sure what your problem is.. where it says given name you put your first name, where it says surname you put your surname. Or do I miss something here?

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Actually I have first name sugal and surname reddy. in my application, I had written accordingly.

I have my name exact in my passport is like this:
Name: Sugal Reddy

there is not like this
First Name: Sugal
Surname: Reddy

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
sugalk said:
Guys!!! What does this mean? I have one line name sugal reddy in my passport in the name field. there is no surname and first name sections. neither is comma between first name and surname.
I need 3 more months to make new passport with surname and first name fields in biodata paga. In three months, my medical will expire. If they need new passport with clear first name and surname fields, may they give me three months time to submit passport and should I need another medical check test? This is really annoying me and worrying me!!!

As it has already been indicated to you, you need to go and get your passport corrected.

The "one line name sugal reddy in my passport in the name field" is not acceptable to CIC (and I doubt it is acceptable to any immigration anywhere in the world). That is what CIC has clearly indicated to you.

When you were submitting your application to CIC didn't you know that the one line name sugal reddy in my passport in the name field is not correct?

It does not matter how many different ways you ask the same question, CIC will still need whatever CIC ask for.

"...If they need new passport with clear first name and surname fields" <----- it is not a "if they need", they have clearly indicated to you that that is exactly what they want.

You need to explain to CIC that the process will take you 3 months to update your passport. You need to ask them if this will be ok with them and express to them your concern regarding the possibly expiration of your medical results. Only CIC can advise you further.

In a worst case scenario, all that will happen is that you will be delayed by 3 months and maybe you might need to do another medical.

The longer you waste time not getting the correction done is the longer the delay that you are causing yourself.

dipbitk

Jan 19, 2010
Dear sugalk,
My name is Dipankar Choudhury, and I am a Canadian immigration applicant. I read your concern in this forum that "I do not have two different lines for surname and first name in my passport".

Actually this situation also happens to me (my name is writen in same line: Like- Dipankar Choudhury), and I have send my passport to the Canadian high commission London, and very worry for the consequence.

Therefore, could you please share your experience, how did you solve your problem?

Thanks

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My wife had a similar problem and I was advised to get it fixed before sending the passport, which we did before sending for stamping.

If your passport was issued in India, getting anew one should not take three months. I understand that the process is much more consumer friendly now and ovine can get it through the Tatkal option as well.

arifplc

Feb 21, 2012
london
Category........
Visa Office......
LOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-12
Doc's Request.
13/01/13
AOR Received.
21-03-12
IELTS Request
send wit application
File Transfer...
15-08-13
Med's Request
21-08-13
Med's Done....
12-10-13
Passport Req..
7/03/2014
akbardxb said:
My wife had a similar problem and I was advised to get it fixed before sending the passport, which we did before sending for stamping.

If your passport was issued in India, getting anew one should not take three months. I understand that the process is much more consumer friendly now and ovine can get it through the Tatkal option as well.
[/qu
they still accept the old passport untill october 2015.