+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request from CIRC during corona

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Hi everyone
I applied online on April 10 for TRV to visit my relatives in Canada and since that i just got the receiving my application confirmation email. My friend who applied 10 month ago with his wife to visit Canada as a tourist recieved the passport request email two weeks ago ( end of May or starting of June)

Any one know if the visa offices are back to work and if any one applied for TRV after March 2020 and recieved any reply or the result either refusal letter or approval?

Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Surprised there were no instructions included?

The Embassy/HC/visa office ought to be able to accept passports directly if VACs/VFS are closed--best to confirm with them directly.

I know a case where the applicant misread the submission instructions and sent directly to the Manila Visa Office (they'd read the instructions for a Polynesian country where they're able to courier directly to Manila since there's no VFS there), but Manila processed it as normal and sent back a stamped passport even if the applicant was also in Manila. :)

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Surprised there were no instructions included?

The Embassy/HC/visa office ought to be able to accept passports directly if VACs/VFS are closed--best to confirm with them directly.

I know a case where the applicant misread the submission instructions and sent directly to the Manila Visa Office (they'd read the instructions for a Polynesian country where they're able to courier directly to Manila since there's no VFS there), but Manila processed it as normal and sent back a stamped passport even if the applicant was also in Manila. :)
Its just a regular email for passport request but they should wait till VAC open to submit their passport to them to send to embassy for visa.

shoaib105

Feb 29, 2020
Hi everyone
I applied online on April 10 for TRV to visit my relatives in Canada and since that i just got the receiving my application confirmation email. My friend who applied 10 month ago with his wife to visit Canada as a tourist recieved the passport request email two weeks ago ( end of May or starting of June)

Any one know if the visa offices are back to work and if any one applied for TRV after March 2020 and recieved any reply or the result either refusal letter or approval?

Thanks.
Which Country?