+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request from Buffalo. Should I mail it???

Gregoryp

Jan 21, 2012
Hi, everyone.
I just got passport request from Buffalo.

It says,

"The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information."

I am confused, becasue there is another option to submit my passport in person when I checked "Mailing Instruction"
Then why they said that I must submit my passport by mail.
I don't mind to go to Buffalo to submit my passport since I am living in Toronto.
Should I mail it? or I can go there to submit it??

happy2506

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May 2011
AOR Received.
17 Aug 2011
Med's Request
07 Sep 2011
Med's Done....
08 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
03 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 May 2012
LANDED..........
08 May 2012
Hi Gregoryp,

Congrats for getting your PPR ... Can you give your full timeliness for this forum.

100% you can go to Buffalo and submit the passport and get it stamped same day and do the entry on the same day. You can go Tuesday or Thursday for Passport stamping.

Happy

gonny

Nov 27, 2010
Gregoryp said:
Hi, everyone.
I just got passport request from Buffalo.

It says,

"The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information."

I am confused, becasue there is another option to submit my passport in person when I checked "Mailing Instruction"
Then why they said that I must submit my passport by mail.
I don't mind to go to Buffalo to submit my passport since I am living in Toronto.
Should I mail it? or I can go there to submit it??
The process for you, since your in Toronto is to mail it to the address that was asked using Canada Xpresspost. They will ask you to include another pre-paid Canada Xpresspost envelope so that they can return your passport to you as well.