+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for Super visa while visiting Canada

Heminpatwa

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am in the same situation here as you guys! applied the super visa before they come to canada. while waiting, they just came by using the visitor visa ( 6 month stay). now we just got the passport request and our agent back in homecountry said that we should send the passport back to the country origin to get the stamp, then they would help the send the passport back to canada.

but i feel that's too risky and troublesome. why not just send to the ottawa office in canada ? our agent didn't give any comment just said that it is not guaranteed.

we are in a situation have idea how to proceed now.
hi @Lonely_Planet what is the update on this? Did you send passport to ottawa office?

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018
i am in the same situation here as you guys! applied the super visa before they come to canada. while waiting, they just came by using the visitor visa ( 6 month stay). now we just got the passport request and our agent back in homecountry said that we should send the passport back to the country origin to get the stamp, then they would help the send the passport back to canada.

but i feel that's too risky and troublesome. why not just send to the ottawa office in canada ? our agent didn't give any comment just said that it is not guaranteed.

Hi! Any update on your issue? I also got my mom’s super visa today and I’m the same situation. Please let me know if any update. Thanks

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018
Hi all, thank you so much for your feedback. I sent it to Ottawa with a note explaining the situation, and today we got the passport with stamping ..
Hi! Can you please explain how you got this done..? I am in the same situation..my mom got her super visa two days back and some says they don’t stamp it in Ottawa and some says they do..

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018

@Lonely_Planet can you please update me what you did.. I am in the same situation as well. Thanks

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018
Can I know for how long did you get back your mother passport with stamp? My mother is currently in Canada too. I sent her passport to Ottawa on Sep 15 and today Oct 5 ( 20 days) , I checked canada post tracking number, they still havent sent back the passport.
@Neilkameel how many days it took to get the passport of your mother back after stamping.. plz share

rochita

Sep 9, 2022
Can anyone confirm if the Applicant (Parents in my case) have to fly out of Canada and re enter or they can cross the border by land and enter to get their visa started. (They have a valid US visitor visa)

I have senty moms passport to Ottawa for stamping, once I receive it I was wondering what are the next steps. Some say land crossing is not allowed. Only they have to fly in to Canadian airport.

rochita

Sep 9, 2022
Hi all, thank you so much for your feedback. I sent it to Ottawa with a note explaining the situation, and today we got the passport with stamping ..
Can anyone confirm if the Applicant (Parents in my case) have to fly out of Canada and re enter or they can cross the border by land and enter to get their visa started. (They have a valid US visitor visa)

I have senty moms passport to Ottawa for stamping, once I receive it I was wondering what are the next steps. Some say land crossing is not allowed. Only they have to fly in to Canadian airport.

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018

@rochita hi! I also have submitted my mom’s passport today to Ottawa centre. I am also waiting for her stamping for super visa. Once it gets stamped and comes back, you have options.
Also, this will get the Super Visa stamped but the stay for now will be 6 months only….
Although you can extend it to 2 years by filing a visitor record before the expiration of 6 months.

They will automatically get a stay of 5 years on their next entry.. That’s good that your parent have US visa and so does mine. So we also have decided to take her to USA via flight and come back Canada to get her immigration done at Toronto airport. I will keep you update and please share your experience as well. Thanks!

rochita

Sep 9, 2022
@rochita hi! I also have submitted my mom’s passport today to Ottawa centre. I am also waiting for her stamping for super visa. Once it gets stamped and comes back, you have options.
Also, this will get the Super Visa stamped but the stay for now will be 6 months only….
Although you can extend it to 2 years by filing a visitor record before the expiration of 6 months.

They will automatically get a stay of 5 years on their next entry.. That’s good that your parent have US visa and so does mine. So we also have decided to take her to USA via flight and come back Canada to get her immigration done at Toronto airport. I will keep you update and please share your experience as well. Thanks!

Ok sure, let's keep updating on any progress. We also plan to fly to Seattle and fly back in. The only challenge we have is they will have 6 months completed on March 18th ln visitor visa. So we need to fly out before that and also hopefully we receive passport before that. The total processing time shows 14 calendar days plus the xpresspost mailing.

All the best.

Huyenthu98

Feb 5, 2017
@Neilkameel how many days it took to get the passport of your mother back after stamping.. plz share
It was fucked up that I didn't receive my mother passport with stamp. They returned me passport without a stamp and at the same time they withdrew my mother application. Now I have to apply again. I am so done of them.

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018
It was fucked up that I didn't receive my mother passport with stamp. They returned me passport without a stamp and at the same time they withdrew my mother application. Now I have to apply again. I am so done of them.
But they cant withdraw the application. This is so terrible. Now i am scared as well.

nishant008

Feb 16, 2023
Ok sure, let's keep updating on any progress. We also plan to fly to Seattle and fly back in. The only challenge we have is they will have 6 months completed on March 18th ln visitor visa. So we need to fly out before that and also hopefully we receive passport before that. The total processing time shows 14 calendar days plus the xpresspost mailing.

All the best.
Hello Rochita,
Have you received your Parent's passport stamped?

SViyesha

Aug 28, 2018
Hi! Can you please explain how you got this done..? I am in the same situation..my mom got her super visa two days back and some says they don’t stamp it in Ottawa and some says they do..
Hi did you send the passport to Ottawa for stamping? What was the process like?

Yachna

Jul 24, 2018
I have got my mom’s passport back today with stamp. M so happy.

Reactions: nishant008

rochita

Sep 9, 2022

Hi Yachna,

Did you receive your mom's passport yet? Since we have the same timeline I thought of asking. We are still waiting to get any updates. I can't track it yet on xpresspost but it was delivered on time.

Let me know. Thanks