+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request confusion

CECPR12

Apr 6, 2012
I have applied for cec and I have completed medicals and now I am
Waiting for passport request. Can I send Thr passport from
Another country? Or does it have to be within Canada? Can I straight land in the USA?

CECPR12

Apr 6, 2012
I will be leaving BEFORE Thr passport request email comes since I just did my medicals last week. So I am concerned if I can send my passport or photocopies of my passport from another country or does it have to be sent from Canada? OR is there another option where you can straight land in Canada without sending the passport?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You can courier the passport from any country to Buffalo, New York. Only applicants from visa exempt countries(e.g. USA) can send photocopies of passport pages.
You can not "land" without first receiving your passport with the immigrant visa and the confirmation permanent residence document. Another option after receiving passport request is to travel to Buffalo, NY(US visa required) and get your passport stamped then "land" as you enter Canada. There are specific days and hours when this is possible, so check the Buffalo website.
I see you just did your medicals last week and it may be weeks before you get the passport request, so relax.

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
some people have gotten their passport request a few weeks after medical exam, while majority of people wait up to 5 months or so. Just be patient. If you send your passport to Buffalo before they send you the passport request, they simply will ignore it and return it to you.