+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request--Change in Health

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi all,

I received Passport request message on my Cic profile today. In this they have mentioned that we should inform them of any change in circumstances such as change in marital status, change in health etc. Can someone help me understand what all includes in "change of health". My husband who is the secondary applicant underwent an ACL ligament tear surgery after submission of ITA documents. Will this fall under change in health situation?

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi all,

I received Passport request message on my Cic profile today. In this they have mentioned that we should inform them of any change in circumstances such as change in marital status, change in health etc. Can someone help me understand what all includes in "change of health". My husband who is the secondary applicant underwent an ACL ligament tear surgery after submission of ITA documents. Will this fall under change in health situation?
No. Only unfortunate situations like contracting HIV, TB or cancer would have to be reported.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. Only unfortunate situations like contracting HIV, TB or cancer would have to be reported.
Not quite that simple. There are many other circumstances which would need to be reported. In this circumstance it will make no difference for him. You could send a webform updating that your spouse has had surgery to fix his ACL repair if you want to make sure you are fo,lowing the rules. You will likely be thanked for your update and it won’t go past that.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Not quite that simple. There are many other circumstances which would need to be reported. In this circumstance it will make no difference for him. You could send a webform updating that your spouse has had surgery to fix his ACL repair if you want to make sure you are fo,lowing the rules. You will likely be thanked for your update and it won’t go past that.
Change of health implies any change in your health conditions that would substantially increase your dependence on health Care. I don't know about acl but if it is like fracture that once fixed gets healed, then I would not bother reporting. On the other hand if it requires recurring treatment/physio options then I would report it.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Change of health implies any change in your health conditions that would substantially increase your dependence on health Care. I don't know about acl but if it is like fracture that once fixed gets healed, then I would not bother reporting. On the other hand if it requires recurring treatment/physio options then I would report it.
Agree but there are thousands of chronic illnesses or acute events like a stroke that would need to be reported. Autism diagnosis, car accident that still needs rehab, diabetes diagnosis, etc. Lots of reasons that someone would need to update their health. In this case ACL tears and repairs may still require a brace and physio at this point. Many tear their ACL again. It is a relatively lower cost issue.