+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request and Visitor Acknowledgement Letter for TRV

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi all,

We applied for Super Visa for my mother and we got a passport request letter today stating "A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

However after some time we got a mail from Visa Office New Delhi with subject "Visitor Acknowledgement Letter" and containing generic statements like

"Thank you for making your application to visit Canada! We have received a large number of visitor visa applications from clients wanting to visit Canada at the same time as you.
We want to assure you that your application is in process and is proceeding normally. We continue to process the applications as quickly as possible. "

Please let me know what does the above email mean. Can we safely submit our mothers passport.

Regards,
Ganesh

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi all,

We applied for Super Visa for my mother and we got a passport request letter today stating "A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

However after some time we got a mail from Visa Office New Delhi with subject "Visitor Acknowledgement Letter" and containing generic statements like

"Thank you for making your application to visit Canada! We have received a large number of visitor visa applications from clients wanting to visit Canada at the same time as you.
We want to assure you that your application is in process and is proceeding normally. We continue to process the applications as quickly as possible. "

Please let me know what does the above email mean. Can we safely submit our mothers passport.

Regards,
Ganesh
What matters is the IRCC email that you received regarding the passport request. VFS just functions as a mediator between you and IRCC. The message from VFS is generic and just a reminder. Proceed to submit your mother's passport.