+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request and existing visitor visa

Peterpan.tintin

Sep 24, 2018
Hi,
I have question about passport request for permanent residence and existing visitor visa. Following is my situation:

1-Living in USA on work visa, Indian citizen.
2- Got passport request on Nov 1st and need to send passport within 30 days to New york. Also got time till June to enter in Canada
3- I already have canada visitor visa good for next 8 years which I have used couple of times to visit canada
4- I am planning to send passport in a week for COPR
5- Planning to move permanently to canada after a year (sometime end of 2019)
6- I am planning to take a flight in Feb 2019 , USA-(by road)->Canda-(flight)>India. Taking via canda, because of direct flight available from there and better options with Kids. No direct flight available where I live in USA to India.
7- Planning to return in Mar 2019 India-(flight)>Canada-(by road)>USA. So, I am using Canada only to transit

I have following doubts in my plan:
1- Will they cancel my existing canada visitor visa while issuing COPR ?
2- When I enter Canada in Feb, I think they start processing of Permanent residence card which they will send to a canada address I give and I think they take ~60 days. Will I be able to reenter from India to Canada in March? Most likely I would not have permanent residence card with me by then
3-Can I enter any where in Canada? I filled Toronto in my application. I filed under federal skilled worker (before express entry era)

Can someone please help?