None
Med's Request
Upfront on 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Hi Everyone

I applied for the Study permit visa twice (20-Feb-2016 & 11-Mar-2016), but my application was refused both times. The reason specified in the refusal letter were as follows

Application of 20-Feb (online application)
(1) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: purpose of visit
(2) Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Application of 11-Mar (paper application)
(1) Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects or plans

Suddently on 14-Apr, I received an update in the online application (of 20- Feb) with passport request with following content

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

Application Messages (Correspondence)
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - February 20, 2016
Submission Confirmation - February 20, 2016
Correspondence Letter - February 23, 2016 (here I received a letter for application refusal)
Original Passport Request - April 15, 2016 (here I received a letter for passport submission)

My Application/profile Details for online application is presently as below
Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

I have submitted my passport of High Commission of Canada at New Delhi through VFS on 21-Apr.

Please share views with regard to my visa status, whether its approved or rejected with present status. I am very confused with receipt of both refusal letter and later passport request. Is it possible that CIC review the online application themselves without any new application.

Anyone else had similar experience please share.

Vikash

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Upfront on 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Hi everyone

My Application status changed on 28-Apr and appearing as below

Application/profile status Closed
Scheduling an interview
Review of biometric information
Final decision This application has been approved

Though no correspondence is sent by CIC about visa approval. My passport has been couriered by VFS through Blue Dart and hopefully I will receive today itself.

Vikash

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
This is completely strange. Looks like they approved your VIsa application. Wait for the passport to be delivered today.
vikashkumarlal said:
Hi everyone

My Application status changed on 28-Apr and appearing as below

Application/profile status Closed
Scheduling an interview
Review of biometric information
Final decision This application has been approved

Though no correspondence is sent by CIC about visa approval. My passport has been couriered by VFS through Blue Dart and hopefully I will receive today itself.

Vikash

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Upfront on 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
dbf1 said:
This is completely strange. Looks like they approved your VIsa application. Wait for the passport to be delivered today.
Received my Passport and got the visa stamped on it.

:) :) :)

Reactions: AfricanGiant912
Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Upfront on 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Farko said:
This is inspirational.....
I wish!!!
Patelhars7 said:
Congrats man, your story is really amazing. Luck is with you buddy.
Thanks all

Well mine story is with lot of luck involved. I think it was the communication to NDVO after first refusal mentioning glitches in the online application system might have worked in favour of me and application for the third time was not needed. I thought of taking help of registered immigration consultant after second refusal, but it was never required.

:D :D

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Upfront on 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Bit busy now, but soon will post the whole journey. Hopefully it would help others.

Vikash

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Wow.
Seriously wow.
Congrats man :)

Farah611818

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Everyone

I applied for the Study permit visa twice (20-Feb-2016 & 11-Mar-2016), but my application was refused both times. The reason specified in the refusal letter were as follows

(1) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: purpose of visit
(2) Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

(1) Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects or plans

Suddently on 14-Apr, I received an update in the online application (of 20- Feb) with passport request with following content

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

Correspondence Letter - February 23, 2016 (here I received a letter for application refusal)
Original Passport Request - April 15, 2016 (here I received a letter for passport submission)

I have submitted my passport of High Commission of Canada at New Delhi through VFS on 21-Apr.

Please share views with regard to my visa status, whether its approved or rejected with present status. I am very confused with receipt of both refusal letter and later passport request. Is it possible that CIC review the online application themselves without any new application.

Vikash

When you first got rejected. Did your rejection letter come before you submitted your passport to them or after?

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Hi.. My sister applied for study visa and submitted paper application.. Later we linked application online and got refusal letter last week .. Today when she went to VFS for PP collection, they said its still in process.. She never received mail to come and collect PP and only communication is through her online account.. This is her second application.. Anyone experienced this? What could be the reason and when can we collect PP?

UTOPIA123

Feb 27, 2020
Hi Everyone

Vikash
Hi pls help, i got my refusal today, with the same reason as u wrote above, i just want to check if theres any possibilities that they will request for passport? And pls help where i can check application/profile status. Pls thanks.

Bhupendra2233

Sep 17, 2022
Hi Everyone

Vikash
Hi this is bhupendra
I want to say that i got refusal on 15 September 2022 and today on 3 am i got another update mail regarding my gckey account .so ,please sort about it .what it could be?? Is it same scenario as similar to your case
im so confused and worry help me brother.