+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal page question HELP needed ASAP

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Just a quick question. What is exactly a passport renewal page? Each time I renewed my passport, I received a new book. I am not sure I have this page in my old or new (current) passport book. I am slightly panicked as I just noticed the request for a photocopy of it in my test invitation letter. :-X :eek: Please help, the test is tomorrow! aghhh :eek:
 

Goldline

Hero Member
Mar 16, 2014
711
25
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
Hi! Just a quick question. What is exactly a passport renewal page? Each time I renewed my passport, I received a new book. I am not sure I have this page in my old or new (current) passport book. I am slightly panicked as I just noticed the request for a photocopy of it in my test invitation letter. :-X :eek: Please help, the test is tomorrow! aghhh :eek:
If they ask, and I think they will not, here is how you should answer "Each time I renewed my passport, I received a new book." In some passport there is a page to extend the validity but if you don't have it then it's not your fault and I think they're aware of this kind of passport valid for one period only.
 

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
If they ask, and I think they will not, here is how you should answer "Each time I renewed my passport, I received a new book." In some passport there is a page to extend the validity but if you don't have it then it's not your fault and I think they're aware of this kind of passport valid for one period only.
Thank you! +1 :)
 

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
2,134
27
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
aed said:
Thank you! +1 :)
In your old passport, is there a cancelled passport page mentioning the expiry of this passport and the new passport #? That could be another thing you might want to look into. If that page is there then you can use that, old and new passport and that page being the link between the 2 passports!
 

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
In your old passport, is there a cancelled passport page mentioning the expiry of this passport and the new passport #? That could be another thing you might want to look into. If that page is there then you can use that, old and new passport and that page being the link between the 2 passports!
Yes, there is such a page (unfortunately not in English and it's too late to translate it now). Maybe I should have mentioned before that CIC requested to provide them with the renewal page ONLY if the passport was "extended" (their words). So, my understanding was it's for the passports that had the valid date extended (the same book, the same passport #), not my case (2 books, 2 passport #s). ???
 

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
2,134
27
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
aed said:
Yes, there is such a page (unfortunately not in English and it's too late to translate it now). Maybe I should have mentioned before that CIC requested to provide them with the renewal page ONLY if the passport was "extended" (their words). So, my understanding was it's for the passports that had the valid date extended (the same book, the same passport #), not my case (2 books, 2 passport #s). ???
I guess do not stress about it as the test is tomorrow and see how it goes. If you have both passports and are covering the 4 year period, you should be fine. Let us know how the entire process went :) Best of luck!
 

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
I guess do not stress about it as the test is tomorrow and see how it goes. If you have both passports and are covering the 4 year period, you should be fine. Let us know how the entire process went :) Best of luck!
hah yeah I think for a second I had a major brainfart. :D I focused so much on the "renewal" word that the rest of the sentence kinda eluded me... :-X I think I'm getting a bit nervous. :)
 

xenon

Hero Member
Jul 9, 2014
253
1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
Hi! Just a quick question. What is exactly a passport renewal page? Each time I renewed my passport, I received a new book. I am not sure I have this page in my old or new (current) passport book. I am slightly panicked as I just noticed the request for a photocopy of it in my test invitation letter. :-X :eek: Please help, the test is tomorrow! aghhh :eek:
Some countries do not offer a new passport book on renewal, they just stamp one of the pages in the existing pp with the extension. If you have a valid passport (not expired), you should be fine.
 

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1 for all of you guys for the explanations. We're already after the test and interview. It was fast and easy! Waiting for the oath letter now. Good luck to all of you! :) Xenon, I will keep my fingers crossed so you get your test letter this week! :D

ETA: I just noticed that Goldline and sharuu are still waiting too. I shall keep my fingers crossed for all of you then! :)
 

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
2,134
27
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
aed said:
+1 for all of you guys for the explanations. We're already after the test and interview. It was fast and easy! Waiting for the oath letter now. Good luck to all of you! :) Xenon, I will keep my fingers crossed so you get your test letter this week! :D
I am assuming everything went fine? I hope you get the oath letter before the end of the year as Ontario is quicker than most other areas. I am glad it worked out for you :)
 

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
I am assuming everything went fine? I hope you get the oath letter before the end of the year as Ontario is quicker than most other areas. I am glad it worked out for you :)
Yes! I was surprised how fast and easy it was. The whole interview lasted several minutes (5? 7?) for the both of us (hubby and me). The officer checked our stamps (we had one 24-day trip to Europe for vacation), landing form, and our IDs. He chatted us up (I guess to check our language proficiency), and that was it. We were told to expect the oath letters in about 2 months (Kitchener office), make sure to bring our PR cards, and bring no more than... 1 guest with us to the ceremony as the office is tiny! We got the practice tests from http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/ (really well spent 20 bucks), and also solved some here for free http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz :) Good luck! :)
 

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
2,134
27
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
aed said:
Yes! I was surprised how fast and easy it was. The whole interview lasted several minutes (5? 7?) for the both of us (hubby and me). The officer checked our stamps (we had one 24-day trip to Europe for vacation), landing form, and our IDs. He chatted us up (I guess to check our language proficiency), and that was it. We were told to expect the oath letters in about 2 months (Kitchener office), make sure to bring our PR cards, and bring no more than... 1 guest with us to the ceremony as the office is tiny! We got the practice tests from http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/ (really well spent 20 bucks), and also solved some here for free http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz :) Good luck! :)
Guests? O wow, did not know you could even bring guests with you to the oath ceremony. I wonder if you can take pictures? I would love to take a picture with the judge haha..
 

aed

Hero Member
Oct 3, 2014
341
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
Guests? O wow, did not know you could even bring guests with you to the oath ceremony. I wonder if you can take pictures? I would love to take a picture with the judge haha..

AHAHAHAHHA ROFTL... You will actually get a pic with a judge... So you shall have it! :D The big offices like Mississauga allow you to bring friends, family etc. Small ones, like Kitchener, place a limit... 1 person per family. :-X