+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Renewal at Ottawa Jurisdiction Submitted application BLS Montreal

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am creating the thread for Ottawa jurisdiction and BLS Montreal.
Can somebody help me with the timeline of the passport renewal for the Ottawa jurisdiction? I submitted the application at BLS Montreal on 10th November. The status is not updated in the inspect mode. The status which is showing on the website is that the application with a fee is received at the consulate/embassy, and the same is under processing. Is it usual?
Should I contact someone? Any help would be appreciated. I will be graduating by this month and I have to apply for PGWP asap otherwise I wouldn't be able to work. For that, i need my renewed passport. Please help me if someone is having any information.

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
I applied for my passport (nationality: INDIAN) today at the BLS Montreal. I do not have an answer for you, unfortunately. I saw your comments on the other post; it seems like users in this forum are non-Quebec based. Or absolutely no one is using the BLS montreal - highly unlikely.

But I can say that our situations are similar - only difference is that I already applied for my PWGP with my old Passport number. My timeline is as follows:
Finish school: 28 Sept 2022
Apply for PGWP: 29 Sept 2022 (Approx processing time 140-150-160 days)
Receive temporary PGWP: 30 Sept 2022
Temporary PGWP deadline: January 2023
Passport expiry: September 2023
Currently: Working under temporary PGWP
Applied for passport at BLS montreal: 14 Dec 2022 (Approx processing time 2 months)

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwerty098

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
I applied for my passport today at the BLS Montreal. I do not have an answer for you, unfortunately. I saw your comments on the other post; it seems like users in this forum are non-Quebec based. Or absolutely no one
I applied for my passport today at the BLS Montreal. I do not have an answer for you, unfortunately. I saw your comments on the other post; it seems like users in this forum are non-Quebec based. Or absolutely no one is using the BLS montreal - highly unlikely.

But I can say that our situations are similar - only difference is that I already applied for my PWGP with my old Passport number. My timeline is as follows:
Applied for passport at BLS montreal: 14 Dec 2022 (Approx processing time 2 months)
I applied for my passport today at the BLS Montreal. I do not have an answer for you, unfortunately. I saw your comments on the other post; it seems like users in this forum are non-Quebec based. Or absolutely no one is using the BLS montreal - highly unlikely.

Thank you for the update. You had one year passport expiry so applied for pgwp. I think you would be ok. You have enough time. I am worried because until I apply I can’t work. Seeing the progress in my application worried more. Please keep me posted regarding your status. Let me know if the file number is generated at the passport Seva website with your application reference number.
is using the BLS montreal - highly unlikely.

Thank you for the update. You had one year passport expiry so applied for pgwp. I think you would be ok. You have enough time. I am worried because until I apply I can’t work. Seeing the progress in my application worried more. Please keep me posted regarding your status. Let me know if the file number is generated at the passport

Reactions: SKant

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Thank you for the update. You had one year passport expiry so applied for pgwp. I think you would be ok. You have enough time. I am worried because until I apply I can’t work. Seeing the progress in my application worried more. Please keep me posted regarding your status. Let me know if the file number is generated at the passport
Hey did you sign your each document. I have not self attested the documents. I am more worreid now. I am thinking to check with BLS montreal again if they can update something.

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Updates here. as of 27-12-2022 AM.
Application date: 14/12
Fee received: 16/12
File number generated: 16 or 17/12
Under review: 18 to 21/12
Print initiated: 21/12
Passport has been printed and sent to HCI. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch: 23/12
The weekend is ongoing right now. The holidays, the storm, combined with gift/card sending season, I reckon I should have my passport by mid-Jan? I'll update here once done.
Note: I saw these updates on Passport seva website. https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/secure/loginAction. BLS tracker https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/track-application.php says that my application is being processed at HCI.
As of 27/12, no update in the passport portal since 23/12.

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Final timeline:-
Application date: 14/Dec/2023
Fee received at the Embassy/Consulate/BLS: 16/Dec/2023
File number generated: 16 or 17/Dec/2023
Under review: 18 to 21/Dec/2023
Print initiated: 21/Dec/2023
Passport has been printed and sent to HCI: 23/Dec/2023
Ready for collection from BLS montreal: 13/Jan/2023