+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport renewal after interview

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to All,

plz help me.. my husband's passport is going to expire within next 3 months... he's has gone thru the citizenship test/interview.... but still he's waiting for his oath ceremony.....
should he need to renew his passport and send the copies of new passport to CIC.

or he does not need to renew his passport AND DOES NOT need to send new passport copies....
As of now, he does not have any plans to leave canada...plz guys help me.. very confusing situation....

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
if has gone to interview he doesnt need to renew unless he plan to be dual citizen. But he keep even if it expires because its still acceptable proof he citizen of that can country ID. Even if they ask again for his passport expired passport is OK.

secondly, he should never send anything to CIC without CIC requesting IT.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hello to All,

plz help me.. my husband's passport is going to expire within next 3 months... he's has gone thru the citizenship test/interview.... but still he's waiting for his oath ceremony.....
should he need to renew his passport and send the copies of new passport to CIC.

or he does not need to renew his passport AND DOES NOT need to send new passport copies....
As of now, he does not have any plans to leave canada...plz guys help me.. very confusing situation....
Renewal of your passport should have no effect. If he is not planning to travel, why not wait and see if you get decision made and oath invitation in few weeks.

Once renewed just update the office by sending a copy of biopages and an explanation letter. Or better call cic and ask if you are required to update new information and if so how.