Passport renewal after COPR

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I want to renew my passport after COPR. Will it have any implications on travel or entry.
Do i need to send for COPR again ?

Also do i need to send dependant passport for COPR again though their passport is not renewed.

Many thanks in advance..

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
none at all. just carry both passports.
will that be fine coz COPR is issued with reference to passport number ? when i checked here.. people have asked CIC on that, and then CIC has asked to send new passport. So i was wondering.

Thanks..

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
will that be fine coz COPR is issued with reference to passport number ? when i checked here.. people have asked CIC on that, and then CIC has asked to send new passport. So i was wondering.

Thanks..
Land before expiry and renew in Canada if you think that will be a problem.

gintu

May 9, 2018
Hi.. I had to renew my passport after the copr and visa were issued. I got mixed reviews in these forums. I checked with visa office (NDVO) and I was asked to send the old, new passports and copr along with the receipt of document update fee of $30 and letter stating the purpose of resubmission. I sent these through vfs and got them back in 17 days. COPR was reissued with the new passport number..Visa got extended to two months (till the expiry of medical) ..Visa counterfoil was stamped on the new passport and the old one was cancelled.
So my suggestion would be to renew your Passport if it's less than 6 months shy to expiry, make the online payment for document updates, send a mail to DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with application ID, name, DOB and UIC number and attach receipt of fee payment.
This is my suggestion based on my experience. Good luck

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017

Thanks..
Since u haven't mentioned any dates it's impossible to provide a straight answer. If you just got your copr I'm guessing you have more than 6 months validity left on the passport. But your copr validity will also be important to determine whether u need to travel immediately.

kollynz_an

May 15, 2018
Please am in the same boat and I received an email to send old and new passport, but no mention was made on how to make payment of the $30. Please, how do I proceed?

kam96

Apr 1, 2023
Please am in the same boat and I received an email to send old and new passport, but no mention was made on how to make payment of the $30. Please, how do I proceed?
hello i have the same situation did you receive the new passport stamped?