+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport questions

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have oath ceremony next week and started my application for passport. I have the following questions, if you Guys can help me in that.

- Can husband and wife references/gurantor be same or needs to be different
- Can references be Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident can also be in reference
- Should I have to mention Permanent resident card as a travel document. If yes then I am just wondering at the time of oath they already took your PR card, so then what we have to include with passport application?
- I n section 7 where the address needs to be mentioned, I include the addresses but I have education as well during the pas two years. Should I include that as well, but the education was part time (distance learning) not full time.
- What type of identity documents to include. I have include driving license, what others?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Passion2015 said:
Hi Guys,

I have oath ceremony next week and started my application for passport. I have the following questions, if you Guys can help me in that.

- Can references be Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident can also be in reference
- Should I have to mention Permanent resident card as a travel document. If yes then I am just wondering at the time of oath they already took your PR card, so then what we have to include with passport application?
- I n section 7 where the address needs to be mentioned, I include the addresses but I have education as well during the pas two years. Should I include that as well, but the education was part time (distance learning) not full time.
- What type of identity documents to include. I have include driving license, what others?
The passport form, clearly states what is acceptable as guarantor and as references for obtaining a passport.

Yes, your PR card is taken away by CIC official at the time of Oath. In return, they issue you Canadian Citizenship Certificate.
Your address, mean your CURRENT residence address.
Your education / profession is just for statistics, yes you can write that.
Your Provincial Health Card, Your Driving License details can be provided on passport form.

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
see my answer in bold

GUARANTOR CANT BE ANY RELATIVE
REFERENCE CAN BE ANYONE WHO KNOW YOU FOR ATLAS 2 YEARS
TRAVELING DOC IS DIFFERENT THEN PR AND YES PR WILL BE SURRENDER AT TIME OF OATH , YOU CAN USE DL OR ORTHER PHOTO ID
INCLUDE ALL THAT IS TRUE IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL SPACE THERE IS ADDITIONAL FORM AVAILABLE
YOUR PASSPORT OF CURRENT COUNTRY , ANY PHOTO ID OR THAT HAVE YORU PERSONAL DETAIL

HOPE IT HELPS

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aloksh25 said:
see my answer in bold

GUARANTOR CANT BE ANY RELATIVE
REFERENCE CAN BE ANYONE WHO KNOW YOU FOR ATLAS 2 YEARS
TRAVELING DOC IS DIFFERENT THEN PR AND YES PR WILL BE SURRENDER AT TIME OF OATH , YOU CAN USE DL OR ORTHER PHOTO ID
INCLUDE ALL THAT IS TRUE IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL SPACE THERE IS ADDITIONAL FORM AVAILABLE
YOUR PASSPORT OF CURRENT COUNTRY , ANY PHOTO ID OR THAT HAVE YORU PERSONAL DETAIL

HOPE IT HELPS
You are not correct. Guarantor can be relative but not reference. I was the guarantor for my wife.

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry i missed it i made i mistake while typing

Guarantors can be anyone who is living at same address and have know you for more then 2 years
Reference will be person who has know you for 2 year and is not related to you

you cannot use Gurantors as reference
thank you

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aloksh25 said:
Guarantors can be anyone who is living at same address and have know you for more then 2 years
Wrong, again!

Guarantor doesn't have to live at the same address.

Also, they don't need to have known you for "more than 2 years".
It is "at least 2 years".

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
Wrong, again!

Guarantor doesn't have to live at the same address.

Also, they don't need to have known you for "more than 2 years".
It is "at least 2 years".
Please check the website it says"A guarantor is needed for all new passport applications submitted by mail or in person. A guarantor can be a family member or any individual living at your address, as long as they meet the requirements."

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aloksh25 said:
Please check the website it says"A guarantor is needed for all new passport applications submitted by mail or in person. A guarantor can be a family member or any individual living at your address, as long as they meet the requirements."
And where did I say they could not live at your address? I am not saying that they cannot live at your address, I am saying they do not have to live at your address.
I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
Hi Guys,

no family can be the guarantor it has to be someone else

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Passion2015 said:
Hi Guys,

Spouse can be a guarantor but he can't be a reference.
Reference can be anyone except family member. Doesn't matter if he is citizen or pr.
Pr card is not a travel document.
You may include health card as well.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:
no family can be the guarantor it has to be someone else
Please, don't provide advice if you don't know what you are talking about...