+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport question

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
My passport expire before the end of my program, I already got my visa stamped. I am thinking of getting a new passport before going to canada. That way I will travel with both passports ( old and new) so my study permit will cover the total length of my program. Has anyone ever done this ? Is it okay ? Or should I wait and apply for extension in canada ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My passport expire before the end of my program, I already got my visa stamped. I am thinking of getting a new passport before going to canada. That way I will travel with both passports ( old and new) so my study permit will cover the total length of my program. Has anyone ever done this ? Is it okay ? Or should I wait and apply for extension in canada ?
Yes, you can travel with both passports before the TRV expires.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It is safe to get the renewed passport since you still have time at hand. There won't be problem traveling with both.