IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
I have a few questions about submitting my passport. Here is the instructions on the page:

Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page.

If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport.
First question: Am I correct in interpreting this as if I have a Passport, which I do, that's all I need to submit? I don't need a Travel Document on top of that? If I DO need a Travel Document, what kind of document will suffice?

Second question: While submitting the passport, it's basically indicating I only need the Bio page, correct?

(I think I know the answer to those two questions, but I don't want my application to be rejected on something so stupid so I just want to clarify!)

And third, more tricky, question: Back when I took the IELTS test, I used my original passport. Afterward, I renewed it when I noticed that it would expire within the year. Obviously my new passport has a different number now. When I submit my passport, do I also submit a scanned copy of the old one as well? (And if so, is it just the bio page too?)

If anyone can provide some clarity on the above questions, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Dreams1985

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
I have a few questions about submitting my passport. Here is the instructions on the page:

First question: Am I correct in interpreting this as if I have a Passport, which I do, that's all I need to submit? I don't need a Travel Document on top of that? If I DO need a Travel Document, what kind of document will suffice? You dont need any travel document if you have passport.

Second question: While submitting the passport, it's basically indicating I only need the Bio page, correct? Just the first and last page of passport plus all those pages which has visa scanning or any immigration stamp on it

(I think I know the answer to those two questions, but I don't want my application to be rejected on something so stupid so I just want to clarify!)

And third, more tricky, question: Back when I took the IELTS test, I used my original passport. Afterward, I renewed it when I noticed that it would expire within the year. Obviously my new passport has a different number now. When I submit my passport, do I also submit a scanned copy of the old one as well? (And if so, is it just the bio page too?) Not a problem your new passport will have old passport number which is same number as that of IELTS passport number. Just include copy of your old passport as well

If anyone can provide some clarity on the above questions, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Thanks for the quick reply and clarification! I do have a follow up, however - I flipped through my new passport and it doesn't have the old passport number indicated anywhere. The number is brand new. I'll definitely include the old passport as well, but should I include a letter of explanation just indicated it was renewed? Or should they be able to figure that out for themselves?

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to include any pages other than your bio page.

I'd upload the copy of the old passport along with the IELTS certificate. LOE shouldn't really be needed but there's no harm to include a quick paragraph to ensure things are clear.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Ufa6174 said:
You do not need to include any pages other than your bio page.

I'd upload the copy of the old passport along with the IELTS certificate. LOE shouldn't really be needed but there's no harm to include a quick paragraph to ensure things are clear.
Excellent! Thanks so much for the reply :)