+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport photo for citizenship issue

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. I am about to submit my citizenship application. At the back of the passport photos, they have the name of the studio, address of the studio, date the pictures were taken, my full name and signature. The issue I am having is the date on one of the pictures. The date looks like the stamp tool didn’t have enough ink so the year is not legible. The date is fine on one of the passport but not on the other (the 0 on the first 2020 looks smudged. Will that be an issue ? As previously pointed Out, the issue is only on one.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. I am about to submit my citizenship application. At the back of the passport photos, they have the name of the studio, address of the studio, date the pictures were taken, my full name and signature. The issue I am having is the date on one of the pictures. The date looks like the stamp tool didn’t have enough ink so the year is not legible. The date is fine on one of the passport but not on the other (the 0 on the first 2020 looks smudged. Will that be an issue ? As previously pointed Out, the issue is only on one.
Hello!

For me it wouldn't be an issue because 2 photos are similar. The date can be clearly seen on the other one so I don't see this as a problem.

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hello!

For me it wouldn't be an issue because 2 photos are similar. The date can be clearly seen on the other one so I don't see this as a problem.
Hello,

Thanks for your response. I’m also assuming it should be okay seeing as the other one is quite clear. I’ll put the receipts from Staples( that’s where they were taken) just in case. It shows the same date.

Haniel

Feb 21, 2015
Hello!

Hi,

could you help me please? Would it be an issue if there is a stamp only on the one photo? I visited today a photographer and he insisted to put his stamp only on one piece of photo, reportedly cic need the other one empty but I didn’t find it in the instructions.
Thanks

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi,

could you help me please? Would it be an issue if there is a stamp only on the one photo? I visited today a photographer and he insisted to put his stamp only on one piece of photo, reportedly cic need the other one empty but I didn’t find it in the instructions.
Thanks
Hi, I am facing the same issue. Were your photos with only one photo stamped accepted? Thank you!

Reactions: jturedi