+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport of a minor child whom I (PR holder) wishes to sponsor

ashitasingh

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR holder and will be moving to Toronto soon.
Once I am there, I wish to start the PR sponsorship process of my minor daughter who is six years old.
She will remain in India with my parents while i get her PR ready in Canada.
My question is, when I apply for her PR sponsorship should i take her passport with me to Canada or leave it here with my parents?
I am not sure where I will be asked to send her passport for stamping? Whether it will be to Canadian consulate in New Delhi or to IRCC office in Canada?? Can someone please help me with this question?
Thanks a lot

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You only need to take a copy of the data page of her travel passport which you may include in the sponsorship application.......so leave the passport in India.

You daughter will be living in India while the sponsorship is submitted.....and regardless of where the application is processed.....your daughter if living with your parents in India will need the passport to travel to Canada after the PR visa is issued.

The sponsorship likely will be processed at NDVO....and your daughter travel passport will need to be submitted to NDVO.

ashitasingh

Oct 3, 2017
You only need to take a copy of the data page of her travel passport which you may include in the sponsorship application.

You daughter will be living in India while the sponsorship is submitted.....and regardless of where the application is processed.....your daughter if living with your parents in India will need the passport to travel to Canada after the PR visa is issued.

The sponsorship likely will be processed at NDVO....and your daughter travel passport will need to be submitted to NDVO.
Thank you so much :)