+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport NOT Stamp

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Good Day Everyone ,

I am a TRV holder , visiting Canada each year since 2008 . However last week i went for the weekend , the officer did not stamp my passport. He stamp the white declaration that printed from Kios .

I only realised PP not stamp when i get home looking through.

Is this now the Norm ? I wrote an email to the High Commission for my region ( Port of Spain ) asking a question but no reply yet.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Good Day Everyone ,

I am a TRV holder , visiting Canada each year since 2008 . However last week i went for the weekend , the officer did not stamp my passport. He stamp the white declaration that printed from Kios .

I only realised PP not stamp when i get home looking through.

Is this now the Norm ? I wrote an email to the High Commission for my region ( Port of Spain ) asking a question but no reply yet.
You are lucky,it means u able to stay in Canada for 6months max :). My pp also doesnt get stamped

gimli

Jan 9, 2016
I only went for 5 days...
It happened to me when I came to Canada in Apr 2017. The port of entry was Vancouver Intl airport. My passport was not stamped by immigration officer while handing me study permit. I realised it only when I came to Victoria. First, I wrote an email to contact@cbsa.gc.ca. I got a response telling me that it is not a rule to stamp the passport. This is the response "As a matter of procedure, passports are not normally stamped. For further information on the requirements to receive a passport stamp upon entering Canada we invite you to contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)".
I visited CBSA office in Victoria and told the officer about missing entry in the passport. I took tickets and boarding passes along with me. I also explained the reason that it might be problem in my home country if immigration officer questions about my visits abroad. The officer stamped it and commented that it was signed at CBSA.