+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport not renewed and citizenship application returned.

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Greetings to all,
I sent my application for citizenship in Oct and today i got the whole package returned for the following reasons,

1, passport was not renewed and it got expired since 2014. I did not had to travel out so i did not renew it. My country does not accept dual citizenship so i did not border to renew it for that reason also.

on the returned mail they have written ''PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING PAGE (ANNEX A ) FOR OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO YOU. CHOOSE 1 OF THE 2 OPTIONS.

I do not know where to find these pages , i went to the guide and got some information , but was not sure.

Please i new help , if you have an idea where i can fine it.

Thanks in advance.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Greetings to all,
I sent my application for citizenship in Oct and today i got the whole package returned for the following reasons,

1, passport was not renewed and it got expired since 2014. I did not had to travel out so i did not renew it. My country does not accept dual citizenship so i did not border to renew it for that reason also.

on the returned mail they have written ''PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING PAGE (ANNEX A ) FOR OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO YOU. CHOOSE 1 OF THE 2 OPTIONS.

I do not know where to find these pages , i went to the guide and got some information , but was not sure.

Thanks in advance.
It must have been returned for a different reason. you either didn't provide an explanation or didn't provide enough pieces of IDs.
I applied with expired passports and mine is in process now, yes it's in delay but that's something to do with the DEAD Mississauga office NOT the expired passports.

Step 3 – Gather your documents
Submit the following documents with your application:
  • original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Greetings to all,

Thanks in advance.
Can you list the document copies you sent with your app ...?
And did you provide an explanation on the app for not having a valid passport ..?

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Can you list the document copies you sent with your app ...?
And did you provide an explanation on the app for not having a valid passport ..?
Can you list the document copies you sent with your app ...?:
1. Expired Passport (adults + kids)
2. PR Card (adults + kids)
3. Driving License (adults ONLY)
4. Health Card (adults + kids)

did you provide an explanation on the app for not having a valid passport ..?
Yes Indeed

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Can you list the document copies you sent with your app ...?:
1. Expired Passport (adults + kids)
2. PR Card (adults + kids)
3. Driving License (adults ONLY)
4. Health Card (adults + kids)

did you provide an explanation on the app for not having a valid passport ..?
Yes Indeed
Thanks, you did the right thing ..and congrats on your app being in process ..
However, my questions were actually directed to the OP ..

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that. Can I ask the actual date when did you send the application? Is it under the new rule or old rule? Thanks.

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
  • original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
Hi @spiritsoul
Please I need an explanation, if I have a passport in the past 5 years but got expired in 2014 and didn't renew so should I submit 1 or 2 IDs?
Thanx in advance

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi @spiritsoul
Please I need an explanation, if I have a passport in the past 5 years but got expired in 2014 and didn't renew so should I submit 1 or 2 IDs?
Thanx in advance
I would submit 2 IDs if I didn't have a valid passport at the time of applying or a gap in the 5 years period to be safe.

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you
I already submitted my application
and was received on October 19 and I sent one ID only .
I thought since I had a passport in the last 5 year then I should submit 1 ID only
Do you think they will return it?

I would submit 2 IDs if I didn't have a valid passport at the time of applying or a gap in the 5 years period to be safe.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Thank you
I thought since I had a passport in the last 5 year then I should submit 1 ID only
Well, the instruction says that if you had a passport then you should submit only 1 so it should be Ok.
Did you send an explanation for the gap?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Thank you
Certainly not! at least not for that reason.

Reactions: Pcanadian

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Certainly not! at least not for that reason.

Thank you for reply
I really wish they don't send it back.

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to all

I am happy, I found what I missed, I did not write a written explanation and reasons why my passport was not extended.

Well, I arrived Canada in 2013 , started school same year graduated in December same year. My passport expired in January 2014 including that of my daughter. In January 27 I got a job in Foothills hospital. I started the job but did not have vacation hours as I am new in the job. For that reason I could not travel to another city to do the passport. The following year I applied for vacation, but because it is based on seniority, I was not given the vacation during summer holidays as it ia a pick period. 2015 has past without me going for the extension.

Since I had no intentions of traveling abroad I just decided to let it go without extending as my country does not accept dual nationality. I knew I will give it up soon.

My question is if I write an ex

Lurker

Oct 20, 2017
It must have been returned for a different reason. you either didn't provide an explanation or didn't provide enough pieces of IDs.
I applied with expired passports and mine is in process now, yes it's in delay but that's something to do with the DEAD Mississauga office NOT the expired passports.

I also applied with an expired passport. I traveled twice and when my passport expired (August 2016), I didn't bother to renew it as I don't have any plans to travel during the process of my citizenship application. However, until now my status still AOR (applied in August 2017).

Did you travel before your passport expired?

Thanks in advance.