+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport not 'Delivered' by CanadaPost

username1686

Dec 29, 2014
Hello!
I am living in Vancouver at the moment and recently applied to renew my Temporary Resident Visa. As part of the process I had to mail my passport to the CIC office in Ottawa for the Visa stamping. I did this as per the standard procedure - an Express Post return envelop(addressed to my self) and my passport inside a large Express Post envelop addressed to the CIC office. The passport was received in Ottawa and my application was successful and subsequently closed as per CIC.

Last week, I was notified (via email alert) that my passport has been delivered to my home address. However, I DID NOT receive it. I have checked with the building manager and he did not receive it either. The online tracking web page for Canada Post shows that the item has been 'Delivered'. But it does not show a receiver's signature. I checked with the local Canada Post office and they have not received it either.

I have created a service ticket with Canada Post. Is there anything else I can do? I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience recently.
I did see the previous post with a similar situation:(where-is-my-passport-t93644.0.html). But this is almost 2 years old. Any help/suggestions in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

This is my first post here and I apologize if have missed any of the forum's rules.