Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
Ok heres my situation. I am currently filling out papers for my husband to become a PR. I was previously married and my passport is in my previously married name. Now that I am remarried I am using maiden name-new married name. I'm trying to slowly change everything over to my new name. My daughter and I are taking a trip the USA in august and i've been told I should change my passport over. If I do this will it affect the application? I wanted to use the passport stamps in there to prove trips to see him. What to do?

I

iarblue

Well you might want to change your passport to your new name before you do anything.As it will no doubt cause complications.As you have already changed some of your things back to your maiden name.
You are just going to cause yourself stress,and heartache you dont need.
But as for the application your passport has nothing to do with it as it is your husbands passport they are giving the PR too not you.And your passport will be done way before you go in August.

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
I kept my previous married name to reduce the possibility of complication/confusion. I will change to my husband's last name (with my maiden name hyphenated) once all the nightmare w/ the immigration is over.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
djboinsk said:
If I do this will it affect the application? I wanted to use the passport stamps in there to prove trips to see him. What to do?
Even if you get a new passport, you can still use passport stamps in your old passport to prove you took trips to see him. You just photocopy your previous passport - the photo page and the ones with the stamps - include an explanation that this passport is in your previous name, which must be well-documented on all the forms, and include it with your proof of a genuine relationship.
My husband's application for PR includes photocopies of 3 of his passports, and 4 of mine - because we've known each other a long time and included all of the visas and entry and exit stamps we needed to to prove contact.
When I got my latest passport, the passport office clerk was going to basically destroy my evidence - she said the policy was to punch VOID / NUL through every page of the old passport. I explained I needed the stamps as proof for my husband's immigration case, so she talked to her superior, and so they only punched holes through the front and back cover. In any case, photocopy the passport before you apply for a new one, just in case.

I

iarblue

Yes in Canada now they cut the corners off of the passport so they dont destroy the stuff inside.