+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Guarantor /References

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
Hi all,

Can anyone please advice, who can be a Guarantor and who can be references ? I do not have any close relative/family who is already Canadian. So I am confused who can be a Guarantor ?

Can I use public notary as Guarantor..I heard there's a form that needs to be filled out in such cases.
arian
I had a similar question - I moved to another province 8 months ago and didn't know anyone who could be a guarantor for my passport application. I stopped by the passport office and picked up form PPTC 132 (Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor). I checked with notary public and they provide this service. However, according to the form PPTC 132, you have to find 2 more references in addition to 2 references listed in main application form. So if you don't have a guarantor, you need 4 different references in total.

Reactions: nikcap and Micbm

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I am facing some problem getting in touch with references. They are either out of town on vacation or they are not citizens and some I don't know them for more than 2 years. What I should do now..if I have to apply for passport. Are there people having similar issues..?
Some of us have been on this forum everyday over the past 2 years. It almost feels like one can ask a regular forum member to be a (web 2.0) reference. :)

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Some of us have been on this forum everyday over the past 2 years. It almost feels like one can ask a regular forum member to be a (web 2.0) reference. :)
II think it's better to write coworker than friend sometimes due to seniority? friends is more like hanging out..so i clearly indicates how much the person would know..or it doesn't really matter>?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
II think it's better to write coworker than friend sometimes due to seniority? friends is more like hanging out..so i clearly indicates how much the person would know..or it doesn't really matter>?
It literally doesn't matter.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
I need to apply for both my childrens passports (2 passports) can I use the same guarantor for both passport applications?

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi All,
Does anyone have an idea if references can sign/date the passport application before my citizenship Oath date?
My Oath Date is coming up mid January however my references for passport application are leaving on holiday this week for a month, besides I have to travel this month as well and can't wait till my references are back

Thanks

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi All,
Does anyone have an idea if references can sign/date the passport application before my citizenship Oath date?
My Oath Date is coming up mid January however my references for passport application are leaving on holiday this week for a month, besides I have to travel this month as well and can't wait till my references are back

Thanks
Example -If you are having your Oath on 14 Jan leave atleast 2 to 3 days and date the forms for 17 or 18 Jan. You better look for references who will be in Canada. I too have my Oath mid Jan and already started the passport application part so that I could submit it in 2 or 3 days once I see that Ecas status shows Complete.

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Example -If you are having your Oath on 14 Jan leave atleast 2 to 3 days and date the forms for 17 or 18 Jan. You better look for references who will be in Canada. I too have my Oath mid Jan and already started the passport application part so that I could submit it in 2 or 3 days once I see that Ecas status shows Complete.
@KRP Thanks for the advice
You are right, there is a QR Code on the online form (top right)
the paper form which I have doesn't have one.
Good idea to fill this online, actually its much neater than writing.
Cheers

Last edited:

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
@KRP Thanks for the advice
You are right, there is a QR Code on the online form (top right)
the paper form which I have doesn't have one.
Good idea to fill this online, actually its much neater than writing.
Cheers
When you use this online application pdf the only area it does not allow to type in is the Guarantor area and date ,signature, place at the bottom.

Reactions: ddavidd1

kinaspissuh

Nov 13, 2017
I need help here please
Im a bit confused as for who can be my guarantor.
On the website is says "Your guarantor can be a family member or anyone living at your address, as long as they meet the guarantor requirements."
That "living in the same address" is a confusing part.
I have a Canadian friend with whom I lived together for like 5years but I moved out to a different address now. So the question is, can he be my guarantor ? He meets all requirements except "living in the same address" part.
Another option is to ask my dentist who i been client for couple years but she doesnt know me that well.

What should I do?
Thank you very much

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I need help here please
Im a bit confused as for who can be my guarantor.
On the website is says "Your guarantor can be a family member or anyone living at your address, as long as they meet the guarantor requirements."
That "living in the same address" is a confusing part.
I have a Canadian friend with whom I lived together for like 5years but I moved out to a different address now. So the question is, can he be my guarantor ? He meets all requirements except "living in the same address" part.
Another option is to ask my dentist who i been client for couple years but she doesnt know me that well.

What should I do?
Thank you very much
It says CAN be, not HAS to be. So your friend is fine, your dentist could be fine too..as long as s/he fits the criteria