+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport guarantor didn't answer the call

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys, I applied the Canadian passport last Thursday in surrey. Today my friend, who is also the passport guarantor told me that she missed the call from passport surrey yesterday, when she called back, it was only the voice mail box. My question is, will passport office call her again until she answers ? The guarantor works in school and usually can't answer the phone while working during the day. I'm getting worried .

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
Hi. it happened to us too. my guarantor left the details they were looking for on the voicemail and everything was fine. Guarantor called them back 2 days after just to check and they said that they got the voicemail and everything's good. as long as your guarantor provided the confirmation they required, you shouldn't have to worry about anything. HTH.

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
cloee said:
Hi. it happened to us too. my guarantor left the details they were looking for on the voicemail and everything was fine. Guarantor called them back 2 days after just to check and they said that they got the voicemail and everything's good. as long as your guarantor provided the confirmation they required, you shouldn't have to worry about anything. HTH.
[/quote
Hi cloee , would you mind telling me what info the passport officers need? Since my guarantor missed the call, she had no idea what they want to know from her. I'm thinking if she misses the call again, she still can't answer the questions over the voice mail.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@lidiajia,

Can you please share how was your passport application submission experience ?

Also how long was the wait time and do you need to take photocopy of your ID OR they just scan the original.

Thanks in advance ?

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
Hi aamer

Sure, Id like to share my passport application experience. We ( me and my son) took the oath in the morning of last Monday . I went to the surrey central passport office last Thursday morning. Since the kids areunder 16 , you don't need to take them with you to the office.

First, I went to the reception counter ( the counter number is 3 or 4 if I remembered correctly) after waited in the line for about 5-8 minutes. The receptionist rearranged my documents and clipped them. The documents needed are: canadian citizenship certificate, application form, driver's license and BC ID( since my driver's license and care card are in the same card, I brought the BCID). For the kid , the documents are citizenship certificate, birth certificate and application form. The kids under 16 don't need any Photo ID.

Then with the rearranged documents, I was given a number to wait for. About 45 minutes later, I was my turn. So I presented everything to the officer, he asked me to sign on some slip thing of both mine and my son's . Then I paid by the credit card. ( cash is not accepted) Last, I got two receipts that show the time the passport will be mailed out ( the tenth business day after the application date).

Totally I spent around 1.5 hours there in the office. Hope this helps!

JrBest82

Nov 10, 2022
Hey guys, I applied for my passport this week in surrey but my Guarantor is on vacation and he doesn't answer his phone as I called him to advice him he would be getting a call from passport office, does that mean that they'll send my application back and I won't get my passport??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys, I applied for my passport this week in surrey but my Guarantor is on vacation and he doesn't answer his phone as I called him to advice him he would be getting a call from passport office, does that mean that they'll send my application back and I won't get my passport??
They do not call every guarantor, so it does not automatically mean a delay or refusal, but it could. I'd advise just waiting - assuming you do not have urgent need for passport.