+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT GIVEN NAME ISSUE

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
On the citizenship certificate the given name is displayed as first name and father name.

First Name : Johne
Father Name: Smith
Family Name: Edward

So the citizenship certificate is Johne Smith Edward.

I need the passport to show only the first and last name : Johne Edward

What should I do?? If any one has any information please help.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
samay23 said:
On the citizenship certificate the given name is displayed as first name and father name.

First Name : Johne
Father Name: Smith
Family Name: Edward

So the citizenship certificate is Johne Smith Edward.

I need the passport to show only the first and last name : Johne Edward

What should I do?? If any one has any information please help.
Please check:

http://passport.gc.ca/info/section1.aspx?lang=eng

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
Thank you. Just a quick short question:

"as long as your supporting identity document contains the name you would like to appear." Do you think that they will accept my foreign birth certificate to support this request? Or they will require a Canadian document?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
samay23 said:

"as long as your supporting identity document contains the name you would like to appear." Do you think that they will accept my foreign birth certificate to support this request? Or they will require a Canadian document?
I think they will only accept canadian documents

The link says:

Starting October 20, 2014, the name that appears in the passport will be the same name that is on the proof of Canadian citizenship.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samay23 said:

I am curious how you ended up with a citizenship certificate that has an extra name if your birth certificate did not have it. Did you have the middle name on your PR card and on your foreign passport?