+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Expiry Date and BOWP Issue

hanuljhamb

Jul 20, 2015
Hi fellow CEC folks,

I applied for my PR in Aug 2014 and have reached the stage of completion of the Medical Tests.
My work permit expired on 15th January, 2016. And my passport (Indian) is expiring in June 2016. I was told that for renewing the Indian passport here in Canada I have to use either my work permit or a PR card. And if it is a work permit that is used, it has to be valid for atleast 6 months.

Now here is the fix. My work permit has not yet arrived and even when it does it will probably be issued only till June 2016 i.e. till my passport expiry date. That means I will not be able to use that work permit for renewal of the passport. So how can I solve this problem? I will not be able to use my passport even if I get my passport request for my PR anytime in next few months as it is valid for less than 6 months. And I cannot renew my passport as well. So, please let me know if there is a possible solution here. The delay in processing Work Permit applications and also the PR has been a big big problem here. :( :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hanul

saja_roy

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP certificate
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Request
16-07-2015 RPRF Req 20-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015 ecas updated medical received on 22-04-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
hanuljhamb said:
Hi fellow CEC folks,

I applied for my PR in Aug 2014 and have reached the stage of completion of the Medical Tests.
My work permit expired on 15th January, 2016. And my passport (Indian) is expiring in June 2016. I was told that for renewing the Indian passport here in Canada I have to use either my work permit or a PR card. And if it is a work permit that is used, it has to be valid for atleast 6 months.

Now here is the fix. My work permit has not yet arrived and even when it does it will probably be issued only till June 2016 i.e. till my passport expiry date. That means I will not be able to use that work permit for renewal of the passport. So how can I solve this problem? I will not be able to use my passport even if I get my passport request for my PR anytime in next few months as it is valid for less than 6 months. And I cannot renew my passport as well. So, please let me know if there is a possible solution here. The delay in processing Work Permit applications and also the PR has been a big big problem here. :( :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hanul
Its not true. check the below link. it doesn't put any condition that the work permit should be valid for 6 months.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/BLS-CAN10Toronto-PassportRe-Issue-Checklist-Rev4.0.pdf

hanuljhamb

Jul 20, 2015
saja_roy said:
Its not true. check the below link. it doesn't put any condition that the work permit should be valid for 6 months.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/BLS-CAN10Toronto-PassportRe-Issue-Checklist-Rev4.0.pdf
Thanks Saja_roy for the research. I was also looking at the same checklist but when I talked to them few weeks back and they said they do require 6 months minimum expiry for passport renewal. But when I talked to them again today they said if I get an approval from the Indian Consulate then it should be fine. So I will get that approval and send it with the passport renewal application and they hopefully should process it. Thanks again for your feedback! Will let you know if it works out. :)