01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Aarti21 said:
I would be applying in feb 2015. Should I go ahead with PCC now?
Depends what countries you need them from. Some countries take a long time, some are very fast. If it will take at least a month, there's no harm applying now. If it will take a week, best to wait until January.

shining57

Jan 26, 2017
Hi everybody
Please help me :(
I received a Pass request from Rome Visa section and within 25 days I should send my pass to them but the problem is, My pass is valid since 11/2017 and I don't have enough time to change it (I asked to my country Passport issued section) and there is no hope to have a new one before the required date.
I want to know If I received my visa in this current Pass and the I change my passport for new one, could I landed in Canada with a Visa in an expired Pass+a new valid passport?

I am totally desperate now

Lawrence Ling

Jul 3, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone can give me a hand on my situation
I got my PPR as CEC last week. On the email it said that my passport needs to be 6 months valid. However, mine have only 5 months left. I am from a country that doesnt need Visa. My question is, am I safe to mail them my passport page along with all the stuff they asked for. I tried to renew my passport but it would take 2 months in total. I want to know if I can just get my PR now and apply for a new passport at the same time and inform them once I get my new passport

Thanks

Jappo

Jun 26, 2017
I recently renewed my passport should i wait for ppr and send both old and new or i need to inform dem beforehand .. tnx

H_piparia

Nov 24, 2017
Hi
1) My passport validity was due expiry on 10 June 2018 ( henceforth referring to as 'old passport')
2) Hence the visa that were issued to me were till 10 June 2018 ON the old passport
3) Since the passport validity was due to expire soon, I got my passport renewed
4) Now my old passport stands cancelled and I have been issued a fresh passport (henceforth referring to as 'New Passport')
5) My copr has details of the old passport

My question: As long as I carry both old and new passport when I land in Canada, I am good right? Do i need to get any formalities done with respect to same?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

arunk0811

Sep 4, 2017
Send a scan of your new passport using the web form -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Dear Jes, (Sincere apologies to bother you on this thread but needed a help)

I need to confirm this before submitting my application, and I need your help. I would be very grateful if you can help me out with this query. My query is -:

• In express entry profile under “Education History” shall I mention the 16 months diploma that I am currently pursuing? I have completed 9 months of that diploma and I won’t be eligible for any points for that. So shall I mention the same as “Current Study” or not? I am confused because it can result in two different scenarios.

Scenario I: If I mention this under “Education History” as my “Current Study”, then CIC officer may ask me for WES document post ITA and this c an create some confusion. I have heard many members on this forum advising to mention only those things in “Education History” for which we are claiming points and have completed WES.

Scenario II: If I do not mention this under “Education History” then I hope CIC officer does not think of this as a misrepresentation as I have to mention the same under “Personal History” post ITA.

Please advise me what course I shall follow.
Thanks a lot for your assistance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dear Jes, (Sincere apologies to bother you on this thread but needed a help)

I need to confirm this before submitting my application, and I need your help. I would be very grateful if you can help me out with this query. My query is -:

• In express entry profile under “Education History” shall I mention the 16 months diploma that I am currently pursuing? I have completed 9 months of that diploma and I won’t be eligible for any points for that. So shall I mention the same as “Current Study” or not? I am confused because it can result in two different scenarios.

Scenario I: If I mention this under “Education History” as my “Current Study”, then CIC officer may ask me for WES document post ITA and this c an create some confusion. I have heard many members on this forum advising to mention only those things in “Education History” for which we are claiming points and have completed WES.

Scenario II: If I do not mention this under “Education History” then I hope CIC officer does not think of this as a misrepresentation as I have to mention the same under “Personal History” post ITA.
On the profile, you only list qualifications that will be used to calculate your CRS score. For education, you should only list completed programs/degrees, because you will not get points for study "in progress."

LATER - if you earn an ITA and then complete the application (profile is not an application), then you have to provide a complete history - full disclosure. There, you will report your current study program.

Reactions: arunk0811

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
Send a scan of your new passport using the web form -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Hello jes_ON..

Just a quick question please..

I just got the PPR request this April 2018. My old passport will expire on September 2018 that is why I had it renewed even before I got the PPR request. I asked my representative if I should update my profile with the renewed passport but she advised me not to yet since it was not yet expiring at that time.
Now the visa office is requesting for my passport and I don't know what passport I should give them. The Visa Application Center advised me to upload my new passport through the IRCC webform which I already did but they have not responded to me yet. I am left with a few days more and I;m really concerned about the deadline. My old passport is not yet expired (but already canceled without the COPR) and I am expecting to land in Canada before its expiration date.

I just really need an opinion whether I should wait for the visa office's response or to just go ahead and send both passports to them. I have already uploaded the new passport about 10 days ago and I am thinking at least they already have both of my passports should they need one of them for the COPR.

Would that be okay or I really need to wait for their response?

Thank you so much and I would really appreciate it if you respond to this post....

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
They will issue the VISA till Feb 2014, You will have to get your Passport renewed after you reach Canada.

Just a quick question please..

I just got the PPR request this April 2018. My old passport will expire on September 2018 that is why I had it renewed even before I got the PPR request. I asked my representative if I should update my profile with the renewed passport but she advised me not to yet since it was not yet expiring at that time.
Now the visa office is requesting for my passport and I don't know what passport I should give them. The Visa Application Center advised me to upload my new passport through the IRCC webform which I already did but they have not responded to me yet. I am left with a few days more and I;m really concerned about the deadline. My old passport is not yet expired (but already canceled without the COPR) and I am expecting to land in Canada before its expiration date.

I just really need an opinion whether I should wait for the visa office's response or to just go ahead and send both passports to them. I have already uploaded the new passport about 10 days ago and I am thinking at least they already have both of my passports should they need one of them for the COPR.

Would that be okay or I really need to wait for their response?

Thank you so much and I would really appreciate it if you respond to this....