Andorra
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Barbados
Belgium
British citizen
British National (Overseas)
British overseas citizen (re-admissible to the United Kingdom)
British overseas territory citizen with citizenship through birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the British overseas territories of:
Anguilla
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Gibraltar
Montserrat
Pitcairn Island
Saint Helena
Turks and Caicos Islands
British Subject with a right of abode in the United Kingdom
Brunei Darussalam
Bulgaria
Chile
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, must have a passport issued by Hong Kong SAR.
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel, must have a national Israeli passport
Italy
Japan
Republic of Korea
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Mexico
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Papua New Guinea
Poland
Portugal
Romania (electronic passport holders only)
Samoa
San Marino
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan, must have an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number
United Arab Emirates
United States, lawful permanent resident of
Vatican City State, must have a passport or travel document issued by the Vatican.

These are visa exempt country. Do you live in one of these
CIC knows that they are doing If you are entering from a visa exempt country, you dint need to send in your passport
I will be driving from United States.

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
CIC knows that they are doing If you are entering from a visa exempt country, you dint need to send in your passport
This is what's interesting. In the letter in addition to mentioning to upload the documents, it says.. it must received by the office certain date. And this VAC services was mentioned in CIC website.

SUBMIT PASSPORT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
Package Transmission Process

If you have received a notification from the Government of Canada requesting for your passport, you have either:

1. Applied online as E-app or;
  2. You are a Permanent Resident applicant whose application has been finalized and now requires the passport to be submitted
  3. Your additional documents and/or passport, along with the request letter issued by the IRCC Office may be submitted through the Canada Visa Application Centre of your choice.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
This is what's interesting. In the letter in addition to mentioning to upload the documents, it says.. it must received by the office certain date. And this VAC services was mentioned in CIC website.

SUBMIT PASSPORT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
Package Transmission Process

If you have received a notification from the Government of Canada requesting for your passport, you have either:

1. Applied online as E-app or;
  2. You are a Permanent Resident applicant whose application has been finalized and now requires the passport to be submitted
  3. Your additional documents and/or passport, along with the request letter issued by the IRCC Office may be submitted through the Canada Visa Application Centre of your choice.
Maybe take the letter and your passport to the closest visa center and see what they say. I'm confused by this also lol

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
Maybe take the letter and your passport to the closest visa center and see what they say. I'm confused by this also lol
Thank you for replying so quick to my questions. I will call IRCC and ask them. I already called VCA and they assumed I may so gave me instructions on how to send. :)

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you for replying so quick to my questions. I will call IRCC and ask them. I already called VCA and they assumed I may so gave me instructions on how to send. :)
Call cic line right away. You need to call first thing in the morning or you'll never get through, like the minute they open

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That was also something I was wondering too. My passport is from a non visa exempt country but I am living in a visa exempt country. So which takes precedence?
There is no precedence. It doesn't matter where you are. You require a TRV and must send your actual passport.

Reactions: Minion4eva