+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiration

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
Right but it should be noted that this is not alwaysthe case
I don't know if you keep in touch here. I want to know what happened as I am also in same boat as you.. and I applied for a renewal after getting the request hence I never get to upload it but gave old passport information in the same fileds.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I don't know if you keep in touch here. I want to know what happened as I am also in same boat as you.. and I applied for a renewal after getting the request hence I never get to upload it but gave old passport information in the same fileds.
Did you get your old passport stamped with visa?

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
Did you get your old passport stamped with visa?
No because that doesnt have the validity of 6 months. Perhaps this will give some context to my situation. I got a passport request on 4.12 which was Friday. The updated passport was to be uploaded by 4.19. My passport had only 2 months left so I applied for a new passport on monday, 4.15th. However with express delivery passport will arrive tomorrow (4.29) so I am going to pick it up. In the meantime, I uploaded a letter requesting more time which I havent heard of anything. So I am not sure where I am in the process. My 6 month processing has ended today. And I don't know if they stamp visa on uploaded documents and less than 2 months valid passport.

A question, I am in the US. Even though the letter sounded like I need to send/upload copies of my passport to my profile, should I be sending the actual passport to a physical address?

Last edited:

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello. My husband will, God willing, recieve ppr within the next month or so. His passport doesn't expire until Feb 2020. Is that okay send our current passport in for the ppr? We're planning on renewing it in Canada.
This is the same case for my partner, her passport expires January 2021, she just applied for her new passport, just send the new one once you get it or your visa will not be 3 years.

Reactions: sdharan19

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
This is the same case for my partner, her passport expires January 2021, she just applied for her new passport, just send the new one once you get it or your visa will not be 3 years.
Yes i did the same so that it does complicate matter once PPR is issued .
Just upload the new passport on the GC key or send a copy by courier to them for them to update your new passport details

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
My problem though is I'm at the stage where I can get ppr any day now(inshallah ) . You must submit your passport within 30 days and it will take 6 weeks to get my new one

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
My problem though is I'm at the stage where I can get ppr any day now(inshallah ) . You must submit your passport within 30 days and it will take 6 weeks to get my new one
Maybe if you explain the situation to them, maybe they will extend it... How sure are you that you will get PPR in a few days?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Maybe if you explain the situation to them, maybe they will extend it... How sure are you that you will get PPR in a few days?
It's cic so there's never really a guarantee, but I'm in ss and alot of applicants who went in same time as me are getting ppr so it's a possibility.

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
Can anyone tell me, those who are in the US and not in California or New York, where did you guys send your passport for visa stamp or what step you guys took?

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
Should be instructions on the ppr letter?
No. The letter only says to upload the documents in CIC profile. If so, how will that get visa stamp.

But I read on CIC website it needs to be physically sent to get stamped. So wondering if anyone from US did anything differently.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
No. The letter only says to upload the documents in CIC profile. If so, how will that get visa stamp.

But I read from CIC profile it needs to be physically sent to get stamped. So wondering if anyone from US did anything differently.
You may live in a visa exempt country

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London

But I read on CIC website it needs to be physically sent to get stamped. So wondering if anyone from US did anything differently.
Andorra
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Barbados
Belgium
British citizen
British National (Overseas)
British overseas citizen (re-admissible to the United Kingdom)
British overseas territory citizen with citizenship through birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the British overseas territories of:
Anguilla
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Gibraltar
Montserrat
Pitcairn Island
Saint Helena
Turks and Caicos Islands
British Subject with a right of abode in the United Kingdom
Brunei Darussalam
Bulgaria
Chile
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, must have a passport issued by Hong Kong SAR.
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel, must have a national Israeli passport
Italy
Japan
Republic of Korea
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Mexico
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Papua New Guinea
Poland
Portugal
Romania (electronic passport holders only)
Samoa
San Marino
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan, must have an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number
United Arab Emirates
United States, lawful permanent resident of
Vatican City State, must have a passport or travel document issued by the Vatican.

These are visa exempt country. Do you live in one of these

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
That was also something I was wondering too. My passport is from a non visa exempt country but I am living in a visa exempt country. So which takes precedence?
CIC knows that they are doing If you are entering from a visa exempt country, you dint need to send in your passport