+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport date and work permit ??

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
Hi
i am and international student in canada and completed my studies of 2 years recently in the month of september. I got my transcripts by the end of november and the by second week of december I applied for PG work permit ans waiting for the result.
My passport is expiring by mid of june 2017. Today somebody told me that they issue work permit based on the passport term.
So does that mean that i will get work permit for just 5 or 6 months or for 3 yrs ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

IRCC doesn't grant status beyond passport expiry. Your PGWP will only be valid until June. You need to renew your passport as soon as you can and then apply for the remaining time of your PGWP.

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

IRCC doesn't grant status beyond passport expiry. Your PGWP will only be valid until June. You need to renew your passport as soon as you can and then apply for the remaining time of your PGWP.
Ok so that means i will be able to get the remaining time period of pg work permit after my passport renewal.
so what is the procedure to get that renaming time period back.?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Divi707 said:
Ok so that means i will be able to get the remaining time period of pg work permit after my passport renewal.
so what is the procedure to get that renaming time period back.?
Apply for an extension.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Divi707 said:
But iam not able to find he PG work permit extension option ? can you guiide me
There is not PGWP extension specific procedure because PGWP cannot be extended (except in your case)

You should apply for a "regular" WP extension

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

Just be sure to write a Letter of Explanation, adding PGWP copy and old/new passports copy (and $155+$100 fees).

I recommend to get a new passport ASAP

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
Gregor.Samsa said:
There is not PGWP extension specific procedure because PGWP cannot be extended (except in your case)

You should apply for a "regular" WP extension

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

Just be sure to write a Letter of Explanation, adding PGWP copy and old/new passports copy (and $155+$100 fees).

I recommend to get a new passport ASAP
I think this is the same link as for applying PG work permit. So what is the difference ?
yeah i will make sure that i will attach letter of explanation. any specific points to mention.
And do i have to again pay 255 ?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Divi707 said:
I think this is the same link as for applying PG work permit. So what is the difference ?
yeah i will make sure that i will attach letter of explanation. any specific points to mention.
And do i have to again pay 255 ?
Yes, it's the same probably, you should fill the form to extend your stay in Canada

Yes, you should pay the fees again.

If you're able to get a fresh passport before receive PGWP you should use the Case Specific Enquiry to send it, perhaps you can get your full PGWP with not additional cost, just hurry up!
(Anyways you should obtain it, so do it ASAP)