+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Damaged - Please Advice

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Hello Everyone ,
I had applied for spouse visa PR and yesterday i received my passport request . Today i went to vfs office to submit my passport and they said my passport is damaged . My passport was lil bit torn inside the binding , which was very normal and i am sure most of the people must be having such condition of their passport due to frequent travelling. Anyway they told me that we will accept your passport but with a remark that the passport is damaged or i ll have to get my passport reissued. Please advice what should i do. Can anyone tell that if i get my passport reissued , what all formalities i ll have to do about informing cic and how my visa will be stamped. I am very worried , please advice

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hello Everyone ,
I had applied for spouse visa PR and yesterday i received my passport request . Today i went to vfs office to submit my passport and they said my passport is damaged . My passport was lil bit torn inside the binding , which was very normal and i am sure most of the people must be having such condition of their passport due to frequent travelling. Anyway they told me that we will accept your passport but with a remark that the passport is damaged or i ll have to get my passport reissued. Please advice what should i do. Can anyone tell that if i get my passport reissued , what all formalities i ll have to do about informing cic and how my visa will be stamped. I am very worried , please advice
Is there a time limit to submit the passport for stamping? It would take around a week to get a new passport issued in India.Check if the CIC website has any details on how to let know of a new passport. Maybe call them up too.

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone ,
Congratulations on your PPR! Could you please share your timeline?

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Yes , i need to submit the passport within a month . I will check but please lemme know if you get to know something.

Is there a time limit to submit the passport for stamping? It would take around a week to get a new passport issued in India.Check if the CIC website has any details on how to let know of a new passport. Maybe call them up too.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Thanks but i am very much worried at this moment. As of now i can only tell you that i applied for pr on 9 th march 2017 .
Wowwwww, congratulations. You got your PR within 4months? That's really a woooooow!

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Thanku everyone . But as i wrote above things are not good as of now coz after re-issuance if passport gonna take time and then dont know how things will go with stamping . I just hope that cic wont ask me to submit everything all ovr again .

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Also my ppr email was in junk folder so always check your junk/spam folder too . Make sure your passport is in good condition. I hope nobody else goes through the same mess that i am going

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Also my ppr email was in junk folder so always check your junk/spam folder too . Make sure your passport is in good condition. I hope nobody else goes through the same mess that i am going
Hey did you manage to get a new passport and submit it?

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
I applied for new passport under tatkal and got it in 3 days . Submitted to vfs on 19th july and got the passport back on 2nd august. In my case passport stamping took more days as compared to others. I am in canada now :)

miraj1982

Feb 25, 2018
I applied for new passport under tatkal and got it in 3 days . Submitted to vfs on 19th july and got the passport back on 2nd august. In my case passport stamping took more days as compared to others. I am in canada now :)
Hi, I know its been more than a year since your case. Im in a similar position but still no DM. planing on getting a tatkal passport reissue.. just want to know how you inform IRCC about change in passport number and all. Been searching for info but no help.

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
i just had my wifes passport change, everything about it was replaced its still in the beginning stage of just doing medicals now.. but i updated it thru the web forum, annd uploaded a copy of the new passport .

i hope i did right