+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport & COPR Request - CHC London / Needs Expert Advised

Chris Lance

Apr 8, 2009
Greetings!!! Happy New Year to all...

Got an e-mail yesterday from CHC London asking for submission of passport, COPR, photos, completed checklist, and re-issuance fee of $ 30.00...

For the record, we got our visas & COPR last August 09 then my wife delivered our second baby in Sept 09, we informed CHC about the case (family composition changed) and documents are submitted...

Can you please advise on the following querries:

They are requesting only my passport & COPR and my baby's passport - nothing mention on my wife & firstborn child??? Do you think I need to submit them also????

Any idea about completed checklist and re-issuance fees ???

Your comments will be highly appreciated...

Thank you
Chris

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi,

In my opinion, the previous visas are linked to your family composition at the time of your apps, which stands to change with the new born. Thus, u need to return all the previous ones and get 'new visas + COPR' issued.

The re-issuance fee is due to that. You have to send all the passports + COPRs back & CHC shall re-issue fresh ones. Which'll include one for your new born.

That's what I think on your case.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Chris Lance

Apr 8, 2009
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for your advised... The e-mail I received is not the usual template / standard letters which usually send by CHC London on most applicants... what I received is a detailed one specifying the following infos:

Passport and COPR for me
Passport for my newborn baby
Photos 2x for me and newborn
Completed checklist
Re-issuance fee of $30

Based on that I submitted only what they required... ... ... and it seems to me that being the principal applicant my status / visa / COPR is the only one needs to be change not the whole family as they are only my dependents and nothing to be change on their respective visa / COPR issued before ....

Any comments will be highly appreciated....

Thanks

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chris Lance said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for your advised... The e-mail I received is not the usual template / standard letters which usually send by CHC London on most applicants... what I received is a detailed one specifying the following infos:

Passport and COPR for me
Passport for my newborn baby
Photos 2x for me and newborn
Completed checklist
Re-issuance fee of $30

Based on that I submitted only what they required... ... ... and it seems to me that being the principal applicant my status / visa / COPR is the only one needs to be change not the whole family as they are only my dependents and nothing to be change on their respective visa / COPR issued before ....

Any comments will be highly appreciated....
Thanks
I am purely making an academic guess. I am assuming you are the principal applicant and as such something needs to be either added to your visa e.g no of accompanying dependents or maybe they have to issue a new visa stating something that needs to include your new born baby and of course, your baby's passport.

If I were you, I would do exactly what is asked for and stated in the letter they sent to you.

BobbyB

Chris Lance

Apr 8, 2009
Qorax & BobbyB,

Thanks for your comments... ... I send my PPR last Jan 2 and they received it by Jan 5 as per Fedex courrier... ... God bless....