+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Change during spouse PR application

coffeewhiskey

Aug 7, 2016
Hi All,

I have question about passport change during my application.
Recently I have passed my medical exam and waiting for email from CIC about passport request.
And i just realized my passport is still valid but without enough blank page.
Does anyone know if there will be a problem if I change my passport now ?
Do I need to send the updated copy of new passport to CIC to inform them before its process?

Appreciate for your help

KristenTH

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
In this situation, any updates on how to handle it?
My partner, the PA, updated his passport through the process. As soon as we got it, he sent them a web form and attached copies of the new passport. Few months later we got an additional doc request saying his passport was not valid for issuing his PR, and they asked for a copy of a new passport (annoyingly we already sent it). We just uploaded a new copy of his passport to his myCIC account. It was very easy!

ohjopo

Jul 21, 2019
Awesome, thank you for your response. As yes my wife has 1 page left and wants to renew it next month. But also finished her medical / bio metrics this month.... So I am afraid they'll issue the PR Visa for the old passport that would be invalid!
Thanks again.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
My partner the PA also renewed her passport early in the application process, she sent it through webform, faxed it, mailed photocopy. She made sure that they received it, it was confirmed by Manila VO that her file was indeed updated with the new passport, even though our file is still in Mississauga.

ohjopo

Jul 21, 2019
Thanks! That helps.
I've emailed the web form stating that she needs a new passport for the next 6-12 months of travel.
But I haven't had much luck with responses from the Web Form....

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Thanks! That helps.
I've emailed the web form stating that she needs a new passport for the next 6-12 months of travel.
But I haven't had much luck with responses from the Web Form....
Just get the new passport ASAP and submit yet once you get it. They will mostly not reply to your webform, you've just told them that PA needs a new passport, what kind of reply do you expect? You will not get an answer from them. So, be pro active and send the new passport ASAP.