+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport at citizenship test

eric915

Apr 29, 2020
I was just wondering if I'm allowed to attend the citizenship test with an expired passport. Due to this pandemic, the embassy has stoped renewing passports; so I cannot apply for the new one in time.

Meanwhile I can bring other identity documents such as driver license/ healthy card/ PR card and my expired passport which includes all the stamps in my application.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
I was just wondering if I'm allowed to attend the citizenship test with an expired passport. Due to this pandemic, the embassy has stoped renewing passports; so I cannot apply for the new one in time.

Meanwhile I can bring other identity documents such as driver license/ healthy card/ PR card and my expired passport which includes all the stamps in my application.
don't worry
they just want to see the seals or if you forgot something in your physical calculator, They need to validate if your were honest,,,

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yes that's perfectly fine. A lot of people don't maintain valid passports due to infrequent out of country travels.

dadalance_123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Can anyone answer my query? I'm waiting for my citizenship approval. But I'm going to renew my passport and PR card because I was booked to travel on December. I supposed to not to renew my stuff but based from what is happening now, there's no assurance that my citizenship will be approved this year. Do I need to submit photocopies of my new passport and PR card to CIC? Thank you in advance. Keep safe everyone.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hi! Can anyone answer my query? I'm waiting for my citizenship approval. But I'm going to renew my passport and PR card because I was booked to travel on December. I supposed to not to renew my stuff but based from what is happening now, there's no assurance that my citizenship will be approved this year. Do I need to submit photocopies of my new passport and PR card to CIC? Thank you in advance. Keep safe everyone.
just do it
at the interview show your new passport
they need our passport, just to see if we were honest in the physical presence calculator