+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport as a piece of identification

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
If I decide to submit PP as piece of identification do i need to submit both expired & renewed PP
or only renewed PP is sufficient?

I'm only talking about piece of ID (as I know I have to submit passports for previous 4 years in the other case)

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The most recent passport(not expired) will be sufficient as ID.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi Zoya_99, could you please let me that passport could be used as ID document although the biographical pages are required in a previous section. I should have submitted my application a month ago, but me and my wife don't have a second piece of ID (We have passports, health card and PR card) we don't have a driver license. we applied for Ontario photo card but we did not receive it yet.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Hi Zoya_99, could you please let me that passport could be used as ID document although the biographical pages are required in a previous section. I should have submitted my application a month ago, but me and my wife don't have a second piece of ID (We have passports, health card and PR card) we don't have a driver license. we applied for Ontario photo card but we did not receive it yet.
Yes, you can use passport as ID for sure; I also confirmed this from call center

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Thanks Zoya_99. so you are going to make 2 copies of passports or just one.
Two copies; but make a table of content mentioning you are attaching PP as ID also

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Please read:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/uregent-advice-is-required-2-pieces-of-id-t275783.0.html;msg4150768#msg4150768

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Did you send your application?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Not yet. I have already applied for the Ontario photo card and waiting for it. I am scared that the new regulations take place any moment :eek:
I think you should apply without waiting. Dont take risk

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
zoya_99 said:
I think you should apply without waiting. Dont take risk
Yes you are correct. Just I am worried that my application returned back asking for another ID, and the new regulations take place before I can resubmit it again...............I am soooooo confused ::)

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Yes you are correct. Just I am worried that my application returned back asking for another ID, and the new regulations take place before I can resubmit it again...............I am soooooo confused ::)
Since the Citizenship Application Guide includes a passport as the type of ID you can use, how can you doubt that CIC will accept it?

"5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:
•a Canadian driver’s licence
•a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc."

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
alphazip said:
Since the Citizenship Application Guide includes a passport as the type of ID you can use, how can you doubt that CIC will accept it?

"5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:
•a Canadian driver's licence
•a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc."
yes I know. but I someone told me that CIC agent asked him for another ID when he submitted his application with a copy of passport. Did any one hear that from any applicant...