+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT APPLICATION

fid1

Jul 13, 2015
HELP HELP PLS. I WANT TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN PASSPORT STRAIGHT AFTER MY OAT TAKING I DO HAVE A TRAVEL DUCOMENT WHICH IS STILL VALID FOR 4 YEARS AND ON THE APPLICATION FORMS SAYS
(Enclose any valid Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) issued in your name. If the passport is valid for more than twelve(12) months from the date the application is submitted, provide a written explanation as to why you are applying at this time. Should Passport Program, Citizenship and Immigration Canada not be satisfied that you have a valid reason for applying early, your application for a new passport may be refused.
A person's name may appear in only one (1) valid Canadian travel document.
Note: If a valid Canadian travel document has been lost, stolen, damaged or is inaccessible, complete form PPTC 203, Declaration, available online at passportcanada.gc.ca. A Canadian travel document, once reported lost or stolen, is no longer valid. If found, it must not be used for travel and must be returned immediately to Passport Program or if abroad to the nearest Government of Canada office. There is an administrative fee for the replacement of a valid lost or stolen Canadian travel document (see section C). HOW DO I EXPLAIN WHY I NEED A PASSPORT. I DONT WANT MY APPLICATION TO BE REFUSED. THANKS

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, you must learn not to type in all CAPS...that's considered screaming which is obviously rude.
Now if I understand you correctly, you have a travel document that was issued to you a while back which served as your official "travel document" right? Ok, so what is the issue here my friend ???

Listen, now that you have become a Canadian citizen, you have the right to apply for a Canadian passport thus, you no longer require to use the travel document to leave and/or enter Canada. That my friend is your explanation or reason. Quote: A person's name may appear in only one (1) valid Canadian travel document end quote. That is why you have to enclose any valid Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) issued in your name. If you have any doubts, I suggest you go down to your nearest passport office and inquire about the same. There's nothing complicated about the above.
Good luck.

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fid1 said:
HELP HELP PLS. I WANT TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN PASSPORT STRAIGHT AFTER MY OAT TAKING I DO HAVE A TRAVEL DUCOMENT WHICH IS STILL VALID FOR 4 YEARS AND ON THE APPLICATION FORMS SAYS
(Enclose any valid Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) issued in your name. If the passport is valid for more than twelve(12) months from the date the application is submitted, provide a written explanation as to why you are applying at this time. Should Passport Program, Citizenship and Immigration Canada not be satisfied that you have a valid reason for applying early, your application for a new passport may be refused.
Note: If a valid Canadian travel document has been lost, stolen, damaged or is inaccessible, complete form PPTC 203, Declaration, available online at passportcanada.gc.ca. A Canadian travel document, once reported lost or stolen, is no longer valid. If found, it must not be used for travel and must be returned immediately to Passport Program or if abroad to the nearest Government of Canada office. There is an administrative fee for the replacement of a valid lost or stolen Canadian travel document (see section C). HOW DO I EXPLAIN WHY I NEED A PASSPORT. I DONT WANT MY APPLICATION TO BE REFUSED. THANKS
It says about ''PASSPORT''. It doesn't say if the travel document is valid. So go ahead and apply and there shouldn't be any problem. Second thing is that Canadian Citizens are not allowed to have REFUGES TRAVEL DOCUMENT but even if they say something which i don't think so tell them that you wanna travel to country that requires visa and with the canadian passport you wont need any.

Good luck

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Well, it sounds to me like you have not taken your oath yet, and when you do take your oath you want to apply for the Canadian passport right away. Well if this is the case then you currently do not have a "valid Canadian travel document", therefore the rule you are screaming about does not apply to you.

fid1 said: