+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Application?

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I hope this is not a stupid question. I am going to apply the Canadian passport.
It requires us to submit "•any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name".

I am not sure what the valid Canadian travel document means.
Are they PR card, Landing paper, and Canadian visa we used to stay in Canada? or none of them.

Can anyone who got the passport help?

Many Thanks

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't applied for my passport yet! But I guess travel document refers only to passports or anything equivalent with which you can travel out of the country. PR card and landing document won't count as travel documents in my opinion.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gatormei said:
Hi All,

I hope this is not a stupid question. I am going to apply the Canadian passport.
It requires us to submit "•any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name".

I am not sure what the valid Canadian travel document means.
Are they PR card, Landing paper, and Canadian visa we used to stay in Canada? or none of them.

Can anyone who got the passport help?

Many Thanks
Just got my passport. None of what you listed are valid Canadian travel documents. I have put NO in this section. The examples of Canadian travel documents are: canadian passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document.

Hope this helps!

rockyg

Apr 10, 2015
Hello OrangeCup,

Did you apply by mail? if you did. can you please tell me how long it took?

Thanks

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockyg said:
Hello OrangeCup,

Did you apply by mail? if you did. can you please tell me how long it took?

Thanks
Applied in person... Considering you have to present your original citizenship certificate I just don't trust Canada post that much :)