+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Application (Urgent Processing)

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My oath ceremony has been scheduled for June 2nd, 2015 which is a Tuesday, and I have to leave the country because of personal reasons by June 6th which is a Saturday.

I know they ask you to wait for 48 hours before applying for your passport, but has anyone tried applying after a day? Do you think it'd be possible to receive the passport by Friday evening?

Passport Canada website says the urgent processing takes 24 hours if you have a ticket or a travel document - has anyone had experience with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think as long as you have a valid reason they will take your urgent requête fort pp. However it os vert expensive, additional 110$. Can you not use your current passport to go to the destination country?

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
I think as long as you have a valid reason they will take your urgent requête fort pp. However it os vert expensive, additional 110$. Can you not use your current passport to go to the destination country?
Have to attend a very important seminar, and cannot enter the destination country without a visa with my current passport. How can we figure out whether our information has been put into the system or not after the ceremony? Can we call somewhere and ask? Can Passport Canada answer that? I could go in person or call.

And thanks for your reply! :)

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
you can get PP within a day ... After your oath , next day visit any PP office with valid paid tickets & relevant docs..If forms and everything is filled properly. You will get PP by Friday at max.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivermax91 said:
Have to attend a very important seminar, and cannot enter the destination country without a visa with my current passport. How can we figure out whether our information has been put into the system or not after the ceremony? Can we call somewhere and ask? Can Passport Canada answer that? I could go in person or call.

And thanks for your reply! :)
sorry about many typos i was using my phone.

According to cic website, "As a new citizen, you MUST wait at least two business days after your ceremony before you can apply for services". Don't know how negotiable is this "two days". You can call CIC to figure out if there is a way to speed it up.

How much is the visa going to cost? If it is not too much more than 110$ then I think it is safer to get a visa on your current passport before hand.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rivermax91 said:
Hi everyone,

My oath ceremony has been scheduled for June 2nd, 2015 which is a Tuesday, and I have to leave the country because of personal reasons by June 6th which is a Saturday.

I know they ask you to wait for 48 hours before applying for your passport, but has anyone tried applying after a day? Do you think it'd be possible to receive the passport by Friday evening?

Passport Canada website says the urgent processing takes 24 hours if you have a ticket or a travel document - has anyone had experience with this?

I think someone in this forum was able to apply passport the next day after oath however, I am not too sure.
Does your current country of citizenship allows dual citizenship? If yes, then get the visa on your current passport for the country you want to visit beforehand to be on safe side.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivermax91 said:
Hi everyone,

My ceremony was yesterday. I applied for my passport today. I went around 11.30am. No issues. However, the officer told me she saw someone earlier in the day who also took the oath the same day as me and their information was not in the system yet.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the issue is whether or not the fact you are a citizen was entered into the system. I recall that someone had posted on here that they spoke to a citizenship officer at their ceremony and explained why they needed to travel urgently, and it appears that officer was able to assist (by presumably making sure that particular applicant's info was entered right away, or whatever it is they do).

So try to talk to the person officiating the ceremony (not the Citizenship Judge) or another CIC staff member and explain to them why is it extremely important that you obtain a passport that week. There is a good chance they will be helpful, and you will be able to apply for your passport on the next business day.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
rivermax91 said:
Hi everyone,

So, you look like one of those managed to slip through CIC screening and made it through that "residing intend" provision. With this posting you light up many faces prowling this forum.

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
So, you look like one of those managed to slip through CIC screening and made it through that "residing intend" provision. With this posting you light up many faces prowling this forum.
I'd like to suggest you something if I may...please know the facts before you start commenting on people's posts! I am only leaving Canada for a short while to attend a seminar in the States and I wouldn't be able to travel there without a visa with my current passport. I am an Iranian citizen and getting a US visa is incredibly difficult - that's why I wanted to have my passport application processed urgently. And I have no plans of leaving the country since I'll be attending McGill dental school in the fall and have many ties to Canada - I speak both official languages, and my parents are practicing doctors and tax-paying citizens.

And even if none of those facts above were true, what I do or anyone on this forum does in life is none of your business. So, if you don't have anything substantive or informative to add to any discussion, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
rivermax91 said:
I'd like to suggest you something if I may...please know the facts before you start commenting on people's posts! I am only leaving Canada for a short while to attend a seminar in the States and I wouldn't be able to travel there without a visa with my current passport. I am an Iranian citizen and getting a US visa is incredibly difficult - that's why I wanted to have my passport application processed urgently. And I have no plans of leaving the country since I'll be attending McGill dental school in the fall and have many ties to Canada - I speak both official languages, and my parents are practicing doctors and tax-paying citizens.

And even if none of those facts above were true, what I do or anyone on this forum does in life is none of your business. So, if you don't have anything substantive or informative to add to any discussion, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.
Yeah, sure. Good luck with that. Although an interesting place this forum you seek information about passport application.
Dont you know they have a phone number where you can call and ask whatever you want to know? They speak both languages, if you get my drift.

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Yeah, sure. Good luck with that. Although an interesting place this forum you seek information about passport application.
Dont you know they have a phone number where you can call and ask whatever you want to know? They speak both languages, if you get my drift.
I am going to call Passport Canada and ask - I posted my questions here because I wanted to know whether someone had personally gone through the same thing, that's all! Also, this is a medium for all of us to share information/questions/concerns about the entire citizenship process, so I don't understand why posting a question about passport application is not acceptable.

Anyway, I don't even have to explain myself to you - you are just sitting in front of your computer trying to make others feel bad. I hope being mean and nasty makes you happy! Have a good day!

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To others, thank you for your insightful comments! I'll try talk to a CIC agent and explain my situation - maybe he/she will be able to assist me.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivermax91 said:
To others, thank you for your insightful comments! I'll try talk to a CIC agent and explain my situation - maybe he/she will be able to assist me.
I am not sure why you are even replying and explaining to him like you are renting his house and plan on leaving and not paying rent. You do whatever you need to do, it's no one business. And you are in the right place to ask.

4 days should be enough. Apply next day for a 24-hour process. I believe some Passport Canada offices are open Saturdays too. When you take the oath try and see if anyone could help transferring your information quicker and why you need that.

Reactions: rasmy

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
@era1521 describing you as simply ignorant would be a huge understatement that would be extremely generous. @rivermax91 is Canadian and can do as he/she pleases. Even if ones reason for leaving Canada was because they were tired of the country and they needed a change of environment, they can do that. A lot of us earned it and you trying to be a troll in regards to how @rivermax91 can move in and out of the country is infringing on @rivermax91's mobility rights. For your information that's very un- Canadian, and perhaps it's your citizenship that should be in question since you don't understand the values and responsibilities of being Canadian.