+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passort with visa stamp has not delivered by Canada Post

tulip_001

Dec 1, 2012
Hello guys,
I have a delay in receiving my passport with visa stamp through the Xpress mail. Canada Mail is looking into this issue right now (I have a tracking number). However, if worth comes to worth, could CIC void that visa and stamp a new one into a different passport? (I have one more because my country allows this).

Thanks for all your suggestions.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tulip_001 said:
Hello guys,
I have a delay in receiving my passport with visa stamp through the Xpress mail. Canada Mail is looking into this issue right now (I have a tracking number). However, if worth comes to worth, could CIC void that visa and stamp a new one into a different passport? (I have one more because my country allows this).

please write in details. when did you actually send your passport etc..Don't just rely on tracking #.

tulip_001

Dec 1, 2012
I sent the passport by Xpost on Feb 21st, and it was received by CIC on Feb 24th. The return tracking # was activated on Friday 28th. Today the package status is still appeared as "item processed in Ottawa at 17:26 pm on Feb 28th". That is it. I have opened a ticked with Canada Post, and very worry that if something happened with it, what would I do ((((

SINGHQ0G

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Changed to In Process on Feb 07 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
tulip_001 said:
Hello guys,

Not sure but how come two passports can be valid at the same time?

inayatH

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
tulip_001 said:
I sent the passport by Xpost on Feb 21st, and it was received by CIC on Feb 24th. The return tracking # was activated on Friday 28th. Today the package status is still appeared as "item processed in Ottawa at 17:26 pm on Feb 28th". That is it. I have opened a ticked with Canada Post, and very worry that if something happened with it, what would I do ((((
I received my passport back after a mini canada tour.
It was sent to wrong locations and later they were unable to trace it.

I talked to thier Manager and recived after 10 days.

You better call them and inform the urgency.

tulip_001

Dec 1, 2012
initially I had one passport, but when it expired, I extended it in consulate. After some time I come back to my home country and applied for a new one. At that time I was told that according to the law, I can keep both of them.

tulip_001

Dec 1, 2012
inayatH said:
I received my passport back after a mini canada tour.
It was sent to wrong locations and later they were unable to trace it.

I talked to thier Manager and recived after 10 days.

You better call them and inform the urgency.

Thank you for the advise. I called Canada Post and open an urgent case. Can you tell me how did you get to the Manager?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
tulip_001 said:
initially I had one passport, but when it expired, I extended it in consulate. After some time I come back to my home country and applied for a new one. At that time I was told that according to the law, I can keep both of them.
That's new. Do you mind sharing your Nationality?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
tulip_001 said:
Thank you for the advise. I called Canada Post and open an urgent case. Can you tell me how did you get to the Manager?
Just tell Canada Post rep. that you want to talk to manager. Just keep in mind they have two common excuses. 1) He/she is one or 2) Manager is in meeting or he/she is no around, will be in office some time later. That's what I heard when I Called them 5 times. It was same issue they misplace my friends passport. She received it after 3 weeks. :)

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINGHQ0G said:
Not sure but how come two passports can be valid at the same time?
Actually that's quite common in some (Western) countries. If you have a reason, you may get a secondary passport. One common reason is that you are travelling a lot to countries requiring visas where one passport may be held up for processing in an embassy, but you still have to travel.

tulip_001

Dec 1, 2012
I am from Ukraine. In general, if you apply for a new passport, the old one is taken away. But as it was mentioned above, if you have valid visas in your old passport, they will not take it away.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
tulip_001 said:
I'm not sure why you're worried. If return was activated Friday end of day, then Monday and Tuesday would be 2 business days. Xpresspost is not an overnight service. Depending on where you are you should give it 2-3 days. Tracking status is not always reliable.