+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passed the test on Oct. 26th, no Decision Made yet

salade

Mar 7, 2015
Hello,

I passed my citizenship test on Oct 26th in Edmonton ( application submitted in Jan, 2015 ), the officer asked me few questions and she said i will receive a mail for oath in 8 to 12 weeks. Today I checked my online application status, and it still showed as " In Process ". I have noticed most of the applicants mentioned that their online ECAS system got updated with "Decision Made" few days after they passed the test and finished the interview. Just wondering what could be the reason for my case and if there is anyone of you in the same situation as me...... ???

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope you are checking your mail regularly. They don't update eCas but send you mail by post. I passed with my wife on Aug 31 and after a month I received a mail to submit additional docs which I did but missed out one doc and then I received another mail to submit some more docs which I again did. All this while my eCas was IP and when I click on IP the last update I get is invite for test which I did on Aug 31. Call them up and ask them what could be the problem.
salade said:
Hello,

I passed my citizenship test on Oct 26th in Edmonton ( application submitted in Jan, 2015 ), the officer asked me few questions and she said i will receive a mail for oath in 8 to 12 weeks. Today I checked my online application status, and it still showed as " In Process ". I have noticed most of the applicants mentioned that their online ECAS system got updated with "Decision Made" few days after they passed the test and finished the interview. Just wondering what could be the reason for my case and if there is anyone of you in the same situation as me...... ???

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test in june and got decision made right after. my oath is coming next week in december (more than 5 months of DM).

My father did his test end of july and didnt get DM and got his oath 2 month after.

So don't worry, you might be surprised. DM sometimes means that you will wait a long time.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Same thing happened to me with Edmonton office DM 6 weeks after I passed the test and I'm still waiting for the oath date. If no additional doc requested and you were not RQed then rest assured that it is a matter of time.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
salade said:
Hello,

I totally sympathize and understand your anxiety. But on the rational side, I don't think you have any reason to worry.
Reading this forum you will notice that it is not rare that people are already Canadian citizens and their e-CAS still shows "In Process".
I know that all this waiting is a nerve test, but the best you can do is try to relax and keep your eyes open to your mail, email and e-CAS... but without letting room for paranoia.
I hope you get your Oath soon, friend. Please keep us posted about your case.
Cheers!

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Passed my test on oct 29th at scarbrough still in process

Application submitted on 23rd january 2015 :-X

mjdoom

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2015
AOR Received.
3 July 2015
Med's Request
26 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016
Passport Req..
11 May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
13 May 2016
I passed my test in Edmonton on Oct 22nd 2015 and got decision made on Ecas today December 12,2015. Any idea when can I be hearing about Oath?

Saadi Hussein

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hi i did interreviow two week ago and i call cic and said i passed interreviow and he said if we need some decoument we call you but still in procces any advise please

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi i did interreviow two week ago and i call cic and said i passed interreviow and he said if we need some decoument we call you but still in procces any advise please
Yes, wait a few days, weeks. It's not uncommon to get DM after a certain period, and it doesn't necessarily mean IRCC will ask for a new document.
Also, this a very old thread, all people in here probably became citizens long ago :)

Saadi Hussein

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Thank you just i talk to MP and she flow up and she gives me answer

I have followed up with Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada. They have indicated that everything has passed on your application except security verifications. Once they have completed all verifications they will move forward on issuing the ceremony.
What it means please

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thank you just i talk to MP and she flow up and she gives me answer: I have followed up with Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada. They have indicated that everything has passed on your application except security verifications. Once they have completed all verifications they will move forward on issuing the ceremony.
What it means please
Means:
1) That MP could be pulling a bull, haven't called anyone and just sounding the vague moniker.
2) Your file might truly be undergoing background checks, the completion of which could be anyone's guess.
3) You're all fine, just a matter of time before your e-CAS turns to DM. After which it'd take approx. 6-8 weeks for the Oath notification.

Just relax, you'd make it eventually. 99.9% folks do.

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018

I have followed up with Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada. They have indicated that everything has passed on your application except security verifications. Once they have completed all verifications they will move forward on issuing the ceremony.
What it means please
dude, you should check out another forum too, we are waiting for DM since March and there are few people waiting since Feb

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017

What it means please
Sometimes, people get invited to the interview before the background checks made by the RCMP and CSIS are completed.
IRCC is waiting for them before the decision is made. Nothing to worry about :)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
There's no real answer to that, anything from 2 weeks to 5 months is possible.
You can "expect" the oath invitation within 2 months, but it definitely could be longer.

Good luck, hope it goes as smoothly and as fast as possible !