+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passed my test today 20/20 - interview with two officers post test.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good thing is I passed my test, did not receive a formal RQ or any other documents to provide more information. Just 2nd officer said they have to review all of my trips in and out of the country. Since I work mainly in the states or did the past 4 years, it was difficult enough to meet the days in country. But as soon as my travel slow down and worked more from home I had the number of days in country. So no telling how long this process will take, stamps not on passport due to Nexus card holder. So they have to request all the information from CBSA. Officer said they may need more information but not sure as of yet.

I thought the entire process would be delayed by my days out of country, surprised they wait until you take the test to question them. Do they not validate that information?

My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 27, 2015.
We sent you a notice on February 11, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2016 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Passed Test with 20/20 on March 2, 2016.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
MW2015 said:
Good thing is I passed my test, did not receive a formal RQ or any other documents to provide more information. Just 2nd officer said they have to review all of my trips in and out of the country. Since I work mainly in the states or did the past 4 years, it was difficult enough to meet the days in country. But as soon as my travel slow down and worked more from home I had the number of days in country. So no telling how long this process will take, stamps not on passport due to Nexus card holder. So they have to request all the information from CBSA. Officer said they may need more information but not sure as of yet.

I thought the entire process would be delayed by my days out of country, surprised they wait until you take the test to question them. Do they not validate that information?

My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 27, 2015.
We sent you a notice on February 11, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2016 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Passed Test with 20/20 on March 2, 2016.
Wish you all the best, let's hope and pray they dont find any damn excuse to delay.

Stay positive !!!

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks I am trying to! Appreciate all the help from this site for passing the test.

Hope-Judge

Feb 22, 2016
Hi MW2015, sorry for this but you seems will get in a mail (5-15 days) CIT-520 form for Residency. I wish and hope u dont too.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope-Judge said:
Hi MW2015, sorry for this but you seems will get in a mail (5-15 days) CIT-520 form for Residency. I wish and hope u dont too.
yes I would not be surprised by that either. Just another step in the process, I did not think I would be at this point so soon. So at least we have some hope, when I talked to immigration attorney he said likely they would not touch my file for 3 years or more due to days out of country.