+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Partial Process at Buffalo and partial in Home Country!! Please Answer

PunjabiGirl

Jun 18, 2009
Respectable Lawyers & Associates:

I have been reading this forum for a long time. I just got nominated (Certificate has been mailed as per AINP official who called me a week back). Now I will be applying to Buffalo CIC and my H1B Notice (I 797A) is expiring in Oct 2010 and some family conditions are following me. I might be moving to India after 3-4 months and as H1B stamping to come back, will not be easy and by that time my Consulting company (Employer) may also instruct me to be in India because of market conditions/ lack of available projects, Then will I be able to finish my Medicals, PR stamping etc process in Indian Canada Embassy?
Has anybody done that? Any special formality needed for that? Will that increase a lot of time or just few months? If it will effect 4-5 months extra than Buffalo process, It will be okay from me.
Please guide me.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Why cant you ask the AINP officer to send the nomination papers to Home country Consulate. That will be safer. Processing time in India is similar to US.

I dont think your case will be transfered to India mid way. So if you have problems in getting back to US then Visa stamping is difficult after PPR. If I were in your position I would make my best effort to do the PR processing in Home Country.
I have seen cases were Nominees requested AINP to sent the Nomination certificate to Home Country Consulate. And within a month AINP sent the papers to their home countries. And you can give your US address so they will sent all the correspondence to US as long as you are here. And once you decide to go back to India just change address.

Just my thought.

Good Luck

PunjabiGirl

Jun 18, 2009
bendjoe said:
Why cant you ask the AINP officer to send the nomination papers to Home country Consulate. That will be safer. Processing time in India is similar to US.

I dont think your case will be transfered to India mid way. So if you have problems in getting back to US then Visa stamping is difficult after PPR. If I were in your position I would make my best effort to do the PR processing in Home Country.
I have seen cases were Nominees requested AINP to sent the Nomination certificate to Home Country Consulate. And within a month AINP sent the papers to their home countries. And you can give your US address so they will sent all the correspondence to US as long as you are here. And once you decide to go back to India just change address.

Just my thought.

Good Luck
Sir,

Thanks. Same thought I had in my mind but somehow I couldn't speak to AINP official. I thought it will create a big hurdle in my process so I didn't request anything. But there should be some process so in case if somebody like me has an emergency so he/she can still get PR process continue. It will be a waste of money if somebody have to get a US tourist visa to get stamping of Canada PR. Even US Visa officer will not be satisfied with this reason that somebody is going to US to get canada Visa stamp as this is not the purpose of tourism.
Other lawyers please help...

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Punjabi girl,
Were you able to have your file transfered to the consulate in India?

PunjabiGirl said:
bendjoe said:

Just my thought.

Good Luck
Sir,

Thanks. Same thought I had in my mind but somehow I couldn't speak to AINP official. I thought it will create a big hurdle in my process so I didn't request anything. But there should be some process so in case if somebody like me has an emergency so he/she can still get PR process continue. It will be a waste of money if somebody have to get a US tourist visa to get stamping of Canada PR. Even US Visa officer will not be satisfied with this reason that somebody is going to US to get canada Visa stamp as this is not the purpose of tourism.
Other lawyers please help...

abhi_hola

Star Member
Nov 16, 2008
this actually, I have heard, is pretty easy.
You will have to provide reasons why you want to transfer your case to a different place & whether this will pose any problem for them;
for eg, if you have studied & worked mostly in India while working in USA for say 2-3 yrs only, this is sufficient enough for them to allow you to transfer your case.
this however, depends on circumstances, if they will permit you to do the same or not.

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Hello PunjabiGirl,

Can you please share last 4 digits of your emp file#, date you sent papers to AINP please ?
It has been quite long and nobody except you received nomination. Your information could help others plan PCCs. Thank you in advance.

Regards