+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part time Work experience as a Student

Aarsh06

May 23, 2014
Hi,
I am Graphic Designer based in Toronto. When I was studying as an international fulltime student, I got part time job as a graphic designer in last year of college. I worked 8 months in company as a part time employee and joined fulltime after graduation. Currently it’s 8 months working here and I am thinking to apply for PR but my question is do I qualify for it or I have to wait 4 more months and complete 1 year as a fulltime. Some of my friends said their part time work experience counted as it was field experience. But, When I refer to cic website it says no work experience count when you’re studying fulltime. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Jun 15, 2021
Hi,
I am Graphic Designer based in Toronto. When I was studying as an international fulltime student, I got part time job as a graphic designer in last year of college. I worked 8 months in company as a part time employee and joined fulltime after graduation. Currently it’s 8 months working here and I am thinking to apply for PR but my question is do I qualify for it or I have to wait 4 more months and complete 1 year as a fulltime. Some of my friends said their part time work experience counted as it was field experience. But, When I refer to cic website it says no work experience count when you’re studying fulltime. Thank you in advance for your guidance.
Hey I am in similar condition. Joined as a developer in a company part-time and joined full-time after my degree was complete. Did you end up waiting 4 months or your part-time experience as student was counted?