+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part time student and employment history

gamelover98

Oct 18, 2017
Hey all, just wanted some suggestions in what should I do right now in my current situtation.
So I applied for my study permit extension on April 7th and here is my situation.
I was a full time student up until March but had to drop a few courses which changed my status to part-time student. but before this I accepted employment for a part-time job.
My start date was on the 6th but I did not work any hours because I was a part-time student and did not want to break my study permit conditions and on 16th of April I was let go because I was not able to work part-time.
While applying for my study permit extension I did not mention my employment history in the forms as I had not started working at that point. (Applied on 7th of April but the start date was 6th)
Should I send a web-form to IRCC explaining this because I am pretty sure that this will show up in my emplyment history when they check it and as I am not eligible to work while I am a part-time student as my enrollment letter shows so I don't want the Visa officer to think that I worked because I informed my employer ahead of time that I am not eligible to work at the moment and did not work at all but still was employed?

Last edited: