+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part Time International student trying to understand if it's possible to work.

edf

Feb 12, 2019
Hello,

I'm in Canada on a Study permit. My school cancelled one of my classes this term and I will have to wait until next year to be able to finish my program. I wasn't planning on working on my time here since I wasn't going to stay for a long time. Now that this has changed, I need to find a job. I can't work with my study permit because I am a part time student. Any suggestion on what to do? Did any of you find themselves in the same situation? Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I'm in Canada on a Study permit. My school cancelled one of my classes this term and I will have to wait until next year to be able to finish my program. I wasn't planning on working on my time here since I wasn't going to stay for a long time. Now that this has changed, I need to find a job. I can't work with my study permit because I am a part time student. Any suggestion on what to do? Did any of you find themselves in the same situation? Thank you!
You can't work since you are only a part time student. Make sure you are a full time student for the rest of your studies even if you have to take courses you don't need. For your PGWP to be approved, you can only have one part time semester (and technically that semester should be your last).

edf

Feb 12, 2019
My program doesn’t allow me to be a full time student, could I apply for a working permit for instance?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My program doesn’t allow me to be a full time student, could I apply for a working permit for instance?
For a work permit you need an employer to sponsor an LMIA application something not many employers are willing to do given the cost and the need to advertise to ensure nobody else is available.