+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part time foreign work experience

Cbr2020

Sep 11, 2018
Hello.

I am trying to create my CEC express entry profile. I have foreign work experience to get claim points (totaling over 1 year) but it is split over multiple periods with the same employer (university holidays).

When adding the work history to my EE profile do I add each period of employment separately, even though it is with the same employer in the same job turti

E.g.
December to January
May to September
December to January

Etc etc...

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hello.

I am trying to create my CEC express entry profile. I have foreign work experience to get claim points (totaling over 1 year) but it is split over multiple periods with the same employer (university holidays).

When adding the work history to my EE profile do I add each period of employment separately, even though it is with the same employer in the same job turti

E.g.
December to January
May to September
December to January

Etc etc...
Hi there,

Yes add them separately. They'll understand.

Reactions: Cbr2020 and jes_ON

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello.

E.g.
December to January
May to September
December to January

Etc etc...
Not quite clear to me if you have a minimum 1 year work experience(full time) either in Canada or as a FSW ? Because if you do not have that, then your part time foreign work exp will not work... you need to have 1 year continuous full time(30 hrs/week) foreign work exp or 2 years part time foreign work exp (15 hrs/week)...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

If you can provide more details, forum members can guide you better...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Not quite clear to me if you have a minimum 1 year work experience(full time) either in Canada or as a FSW ? Because if you do not have that, then your part time foreign work exp will not work... you need to have 1 year continuous full time(30 hrs/week) foreign work exp or 2 years part time foreign work exp (15 hrs/week)...
the OP posted in CEC forum and indicated that they want to use the foreign work experience for points. So the OP does not need continuous work experience. BTW any part-time work counts and is pro-rated, it does not have to be 15 hours for 2 years, that is merely an example...

Reactions: Cbr2020

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
the OP posted in CEC forum and indicated that they want to use the foreign work experience for points. So the OP does not need continuous work experience. BTW any part-time work counts and is pro-rated, it does not have to be 15 hours for 2 years, that is merely an example...
That's what I wrote at the beginning of the post, his details about the CEC are not quite clear...