+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part time experience during full time studies is acceptable

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi all

Hope all are well and enjoying their life

I want to confirm whether part time experience during full time studies is valid?? Earlier my friend got nomination from SINP nomination as he also have part time experience during full time studies.
Also, is there a possibility that SINP gives the nomination with part time experience but CIC rejects the case?? Please help me out.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only working experience under Work Permit can be counted toward Express Entry, any experience earned under Study Permit will not be recognized:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=394&t=29

Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?

No. Co-op terms and apprenticeships completed before graduating do not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational program.

The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term).

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya bro, your guess is right cic does not counts experience while on study permit

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
but that is under "CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS"... I Will be applying from INDIA under PNP(EXPRESS ENTRY)..ANY IDEA?

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veere india toh canadian experience class te pnp , dono nai lag sakdi

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
22 g india to express entry de under pnp lagdi hai...te apne kayi yaara dosta ne layi hai....EXPRESS ENTRY INCLUDES:FSW, CANDIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS AND PNP

Shanksw007

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
Doc's Request.
04- 09-2015
Nomination.....
AINP 15-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2015
singhs said:
but that is under "CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS"... I Will be applying from INDIA under PNP(EXPRESS ENTRY)..ANY IDEA?
Do you already have PNP?
if you do then don't mention about the part-time experience during your studies, no matter what CIC will not accept work experience while being a full time student, there are 2 sections while applying for EE, Personal information where you have to provide history of your last 10 years or since you turned 18 if it's less than 10 years and another one is work history you can't claim 2 different activities for same time.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I work here as a part time TA. I just added it and attached a reference letter, knowing it does not affect my score or give me any addition. It's just there. While adding it, I noted work permit is not required for it, and that I am allowed to work part time. noted that too in the LOE.

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Thanks for your help dear.

Yes I have PNP nomination.

But I showed the part time experience during full time studies and on that basis I am able to complete my points and the Province has gieven the nomination. My question is that whether CIC will accept and count that experience or not? and I already filed the PR application.

I am very much confused. kindly provide your inputs.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Pqrt time experience when u r full time student will not b counted as work experience, even coop or internship is not counted as experience.

virtualfarzan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Nomination.....
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
11-10-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
singhs said:

But I showed the part time experience during full time studies and on that basis I am able to complete my points and the Province has gieven the nomination. My question is that whether CIC will accept and count that experience or not? and I already filed the PR application.

I also worked part time with full time MBA and going to apply SINP Nomination.
So I would be thankful If you could confirm weather youu faced any issue on CIC stage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys any updates if it counts?
Any work experienced gained while studying in Canada cannot be counted as experience towards any Canadian immigration program.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017

Sorry for being late to the party.
Unless the experts you have talked to in this forum, are actual professionals working for the ministry or are immigration lawyers (whose motives can be construed as heavily biased with respect to immigration cases), they honestly cannot claim with full confidence that the experience would or would not be counted. I got confirmation from my university's international office head and actual Immigration ministry officials, not someone doing support, answering calls at a call centre. Your work experience should be counted for FSW but not CEC as it's skilled work, according to all the people I have contacted. You are documenting all of this with tax forms to back it up. It's not like you were not paying taxes on that income, that it shouldn't be counted. If contracted jobs are counted, this should be as well.

I have personally applied via ITA about a month ago with a similar background. I can update you whether my application ended up being successful here, once I receive confirmation.

Hi AmirHNK and anyone else following this thread. I just received my passport request for PR today. So my application has been essentially approved. So no worries. It was exactly as my University's International student advisor mentioned.

S

sutyfornow

Any work experienced gained while studying in Canada cannot be counted as experience towards any Canadian immigration program.
How about internship done during study and outside canada under Fsw.. will it count?