+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

part time 20 hours per week acceptable ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro - i have been working since oct -2016 regularly - till now 20 hrs a week.
so thats like 77 weeks now -
am i eligible to apply for express entry -
plz reply bro - lots of people are saying no - bcs they say cic will count my exp as 15 per hour -

can u please help me -
thnkxx.
Yes assuming you work one more week.

Also, stop talking to whoever these "lots of people" are.

Reactions: shariqkhan

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Bro - i have been working since oct -2016 regularly - till now 20 hrs a week.
so thats like 77 weeks now -
am i eligible to apply for express entry -
plz reply bro - lots of people are saying no - bcs they say cic will count my exp as 15 per hour -
The previous posts in this thread have answered your questions.

Imamul

May 17, 2018
Hi Kartik can you please let me know how did you able to evaluate your MBA with eduqual certificate. Please I have same case and I am struggling with it. Please let me know as i have similar case
thanks
imamul
imamulhaq_2009@yahoo.com

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Assuming those are continuous and on the same NOC then yes.
When you said the same NOC, did you mean that the only time a work hour is added is when they are in the same NOC?
For example, I work as a Food and Beverage Supervisor for 6 months full time, then as a Call center supervisor (both NOC B but different types of job description), it will not be added as 1 year Canadian experience?
Thank you for your response.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you said the same NOC, did you mean that the only time a work hour is added is when they are in the same NOC?
For example, I work as a Food and Beverage Supervisor for 6 months full time, then as a Call center supervisor (both NOC B but different types of job description), it will not be added as 1 year Canadian experience?
Thank you for your response.
The post that you're quoting refers to FSW applicants. For CEC applicants you can use more than one NOC to meet the eligibility criteria.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
The post that you're quoting refers to FSW applicants. For CEC applicants you can use more than one NOC to meet the eligibility criteria.
Thanks for the very prompt reply.
Just to clarify, for the CEC, I can use any NOC and add them up? Will it matter if they are not all NOC B? For example, NOC B then A?
My concern like this started as I have some positions I wish to apply to that have different NOC. Although they are all either NOC B or A, I want to make sure that should I get hired, I can add my current NOC B experience even if they have different job descriptions and titles.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the very prompt reply.
Just to clarify, for the CEC, I can use any NOC and add them up? Will it matter if they are not all NOC B? For example, NOC B then A?
My concern like this started as I have some positions I wish to apply to that have different NOC. Although they are all either NOC B or A, I want to make sure that should I get hired, I can add my current NOC B experience even if they have different job descriptions and titles.
You can add them as long as they are skilled NOC's.

Reactions: ishq74
Oct 30, 2019
@DelPiero07 I am applying for FSW EE. I have NOC Skill Level A under 4012 part time academic assistant in Canada during my full-time study (which I did not complete) and have my other NOC 4161 for 3+ years outside Canada. Will two NOC's be allowed under FSW, given that the work that I did in 4012 is in same specialized work area as 4161 (they both fall under my Specialized research area).
My FSW asks for Canadian experience and Foreign Experience. Can I use these two NOCs?

t1zxz003

Dec 9, 2019
What 'some people' are saying is wrong. You calculations are correct. If you worked continuously in this part-time job for 20 hours/week, this gives you 20/30 (=2/3) full-time week per part-time week. So, you can claim 20/30x55 months. It is more accurate to use weeks instead of months though. Good Luck!
Hi A similar question here.

I have worked 24 months continuously with 20 hours/week. Also 44 months (not continuously, happens before and after the 24 continuous month) work experience under the same NOC code with 20 hours/week. Can I count my total work experience as (20/30)*68/12 = 3.78 years?

Thanks in advance

ariajoker

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Everyone, I have a similar question. I've worked part-time (20) from Jan 2015 to September 2016. Does it count as one year work experience? Since it equals to around 1600 hours continues work experience. Or since it's less than 24 months, I won't be eligible?